The simFlight Network Forums

Hook Error P3D v.3.1 and Fsuip v.4.949

Hi Pete.

Sorry to say, but i get this error after around 5-6 hours flying, just before Tod ENGM-KJFK using PMDG's 777. I'm on Win7 x64, new install of P3D v.3.1 with Gex and UTX Eu\Can\Na for P3d installed, running ASN on networked setup, all works ok.

To say, i have no clue why this happens, can you please help me out here, Thank You.

I have included fsuip log and ini file.

Brgds

Stein-Ove

Modules.rar

Hi Pete.

Sorry to say, but i get this error after around 5-6 hours flying, just before Tod ENGM-KJFK using PMDG's 777. I'm on Win7 x64, new install of P3D v.3.1 with Gex and UTX Eu\Can\Na for P3d installed, running ASN on networked setup, all works ok.

To say, i have no clue why this happens, can you please help me out here, Thank You.

Something you are using is either corrupted or is becoming corrupted. The routine in FSUIPC which tries to apply hooks to those two modules only runs once, during initialisation, and that code is never re-entered. The initialisation part succeeded okay, as shown by the easrlier line:

140 --- Wind smoothing fix is installed

The errors are being logged by FSUIPC because of some spurious calls being made by code elsewhere, outside of FSUIPC. But FSUIPC isn't crashing. What happens AFTER this, and why are these entries your prime concern? Does P3D crash, and if so what module is identified?  

I think this maybe a part of the reason so many folks are getting crashes in P3Dv3 with the PMDG 777X during long flights (I see yours was over 5 hours). Check the P3D forum thread P3Dv3 CTD Event 1000 MSVCR120.dll. It also seems to happen with the PMDG 737NGX.

I think they have some workarounds now.

Pete