The simFlight Network Forums

Activated WideFS prevents P3D V3.1 from closing

Hello Pete,

I have little trouble with FSUIPC. I´m using P3D V3.1 with the newest FSUIPC version 4.949c. Really everytime, when i´m closing P3D it stops not completely. There remains the process prepar3d.exe in the Task Manager. When i´m restarting P3D (without reboot the computer or manually kill the process), P3D gives the information, that there is running a second FSUIPC Task.

While my investigation i have found following:

When WideFS is active, then i have this error. When i disable WideFS in the ini as example:

WideFSenabled=No

then P3D is closing as expacted.

I have activated log file: (Following log is with activated WideFS)

FSUIPC4 Key is provided
WideFS7 Key is provided
      203 System time = 16/01/2016 22:34:48
      219 FLT UNC path = "\\GAME-FLUSI\AppData\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files\"
      219 ------ Module Version Check ------
      219        acontain.dll: 3.1.2.15831
      219             api.dll: 3.1.2.15831
      219        controls.dll: 3.1.2.15831
      219      fs-traffic.dll: 3.1.2.15831
      219             G3D.dll: 3.1.2.15831
      219        language.dll: 3.1.2.15831
      219            sim1.dll: 3.1.2.15831
      219        visualfx.dll: 3.1.2.15831
      219         weather.dll: 3.1.2.15831
      219          window.dll: 3.1.2.15831
      219 ----------------------------------
      219 Trying D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Modules\SimConnectP3D2.dll
      219 Found it: trying to connect
      219 FS UNC path = "\\GAME-FLUSI\D\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\"
      328 ---------------------- Joystick Device Scan -----------------------
      328 -------------------------------------------------------------------
      344 LogOptions=00000000 00000051
      344 -------------------------------------------------------------------
      344 ------ Setting the hooks and direct calls into the simulator ------
      344 --- CONTROLS timer memory location obtained ok
      344 --- SIM1 Frictions access gained
      344 ###ASN: ASN module as_btstrp.dll not loaded (yet)!
      344 --- FS Controls Table located ok
      344 --- Installed Mouse Macro hooks ok.
      344 --- Wind smoothing fix is installed
      344 --- All links okay (except older global weather setting method)
      344 -------------------------------------------------------------------
      344 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
      344 Trying to use SimConnect Prepar3D
     1234 Running in "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v3", Version: 3.1.3.1 (SimConnect: 3.1.0.0)
     1234 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
     1234 FSUIPC Menu entry added
     1250 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=N, In Menu=Y, In Dlg=Y
     1250 \\GAME-FLUSI\AppData\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files\KLAS.fxml
     1250 \\GAME-FLUSI\D\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\IRIS Raptor Driver\Raptor.air
     1891 Memory in use: 935Mb, Avail=3161Mb
    19563 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=N, In Menu=N, In Dlg=N
    20313 System time = 16/01/2016 22:35:08, Simulator time = 13:00:50 (20:00Z)
    20313 Aircraft="F-22 Raptor - 525th Fighter Squadron"
    21313 Starting everything now ...
    21313 Error 126 (Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden. ) "D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Modules\PFCFSX.DLL"
    21313 Error 126 (Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden. ) "D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Modules\EPICINFO5.DLL"
    21328 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=Y, In Menu=N, In Dlg=N
    22484 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled
    25453 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=Y, In Menu=Y, In Dlg=Y
    30000 Deactivated: culprit unknown
    30000 Lost focus to PID=2916, "explorer.exe"
    30484 === DLLStop called ...
    30484 === About to kill my timers ...
    30688 === Restoring window procs ...
    30703 === Unloading libraries ...
    30703 === stopping other threads ...

"Stopping other threads" is the last entry. I have waited 1-2 hours, but the task was still there.
Because i wanted to find out, if any addon can cause this issue, i have setup up a fresh P3D install, without any addon except FSUIPC.

Do we have any chance, to look (maybe via another log parameter) which task prevents FSUIPC from stopping?

What is about the lines:

21313 Error 126 (Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden. ) "D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Modules\PFCFSX.DLL"
    21313 Error 126 (Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden. ) "D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Modules\EPICINFO5.DLL"

The error message is: The module was not found. I have no PFC hardware connected. I don´t know why FSUIPC is looking for the two dlls.

Thanks in advance

Andreas

I have little trouble with FSUIPC. I´m using P3D V3.1 with the newest FSUIPC version 4.949c. Really everytime, when i´m closing P3D it stops not completely. There remains the process prepar3d.exe in the Task Manager. When i´m restarting P3D (without reboot the computer or manually kill the process), P3D gives the information, that there is running a second FSUIPC Task.

FSUIPC is not a "task" nor does it spawn one. where do you see such a message? FSUIPC runs inside P3D, as part of its process, not separately. It cannot run separately!

While my investigation i have found following:

When WideFS is active, then i have this error. When i disable WideFS in the ini as example:

WideFSenabled=No

then P3D is closing as expacted.

So, it is something to do with the Networking component of your system. Whatever you are using WideFS with, does it all work correctly? Does it do the same when no clients have connected? Have you tried closing the Clients first? I assign a keypress (CTRL+SHFT+E)  to terminate the Sim and all clients via the shutdown shortcurt setting in the WideServer parameters. That's the best way with WideFS networks.

I have activated log file: (Following log is with activated WideFS)

With additional logging options I see. LogExtras set to 4 or 5. Why?

"Stopping other threads" is the last entry. I have waited 1-2 hours, but the task was still there.

Because i wanted to find out, if any addon can cause this issue, i have setup up a fresh P3D install, without any addon except FSUIPC.

Do we have any chance, to look (maybe via another log parameter) which task prevents FSUIPC from stopping?

The "stopping other threads" log entry occurs before it stops the threads for:

Button scanning

Axis scanning

and, of course, with WideFS enabled: WideServer's broadcasting and its  reception/transmission.

so I can only assume something in the Network is hanging when FSUIPC tries to close down one of those two threads.

What is about the lines:

The error message is: The module was not found. I have no PFC hardware connected. I don´t know why FSUIPC is looking for the two dlls.

Because if they are there, FSUIPC loads them. The message is only there to help folks who want to use those facilities but have not installed correctly. I've had cases where folks have installed the wrong versions (the ones for FS9). The messages are optional and you have enabled them. They are not for you to worry about!

Pete

FSUIPC is not a "task" nor does it spawn one. where do you see such a message? FSUIPC runs inside P3D, as part of its process, not separately. It cannot run separately!

You are right "task" is not well explained. Here is a screenshot:

jy9x4rou.png

So, it is something to do with the Networking component of your system. Whatever you are using WideFS with, does it all work correctly? Does it do the same when no clients have connected? Have you tried closing the Clients first? I assign a keypress (CTRL+SHFT+E)  to terminate the Sim and all clients via the shutdown shortcurt setting in the WideServer parameters. That's the best way with WideFS networks.

Yes, it work as expected. I´m using CDU, MCP, GC from Project Magenta and FSCommander from Volker Heine without any issue. I have this issue too, when no clients are connected, too when the client is power off. Even when i disable the LAN from the computer where FSUIPC is running.

With additional logging options I see. LogExtras set to 4 or 5. Why?

My idea was, if there are deeper informations, what FSUIPC is waiting for. "Stopping other threads" is not that deep what i hope for. ;-)

The "stopping other threads" log entry occurs before it stops the threads for:

Button scanning

Axis scanning

and, of course, with WideFS enabled: WideServer's broadcasting and its  reception/transmission.

Without LAN enabled (I told above) WideServer would´t look for broadcasting, right?

so I can only assume something in the Network is hanging when FSUIPC tries to close down one of those two threads.

You are right. It must be something with my computer, because no other one told something about this issue here. But i have really no idea, what to look for.

Because if they are there, FSUIPC loads them. The message is only there to help folks who want to use those facilities but have not installed correctly. I've had cases where folks have installed the wrong versions (the ones for FS9). The messages are optional and you have enabled them. They are not for you to worry about!

Pete

Thank you

Andreas

Hi,

strange thing, same on my installation starting today. Relatively fresh install of Win 10 x64, P3D v3.1, FSUIPC 4.949a + WideFS (did not install c, yet).

Only thing I did today was some tweaking in Prepar3D.ini (nothing I didn't do before, just deleted that file and started over). No change in any other part of P3D or FSUIPC.ini, no new addons - simply nothing.

Never noticed this behaviour before, and I'm not sure if it's really related to wideFS, just noticed it today and saw this thread created yesterday.

I'm currently doing a flight. If it happens again, I will check the log files afterwards.

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver Grützmann

You are right "task" is not well explained. Here is a screenshot:

jy9x4rou.png

That message does sometimes crop up when FS/P3D is reloaded whilst the previous process is still running.  Normally FS / P3D won't start -- saying there's another copy already running -- but it seems sometimes the SimConnect DLL loading precedes that check and it is FSUIPC which detects that it is already running somewhere.

The only solution to a hung FS / P3D is to terminate it via the Task Manager before loading it again.

I'm strongly suspecting a problem still in P3D3.1, probably related to SimConnect. For P3D version 3 I had to stop FSUIPC executing a "SimConnect Close" as part of it's tidying up dring close down. I never had to do that for P3D 1 or 2 nor in any version of FSX. The fact that you are only getting it when WideFS is enabled might point to the hang occurring in the Windows TCP/IP driver levels, as both WideFS and SimConnect use these internet protocols.

I'm afraid I've no solution and I cannot make it fail with WideFS enabled here at all. But it does fail to close properly about 50% of the time if I let FSUIPC execute a SimConnect Close. I've reported this to L-M but so far they've not been able to reproduce it or fix it. Perhaps you need to supply your evidence too?

Incidentally, there's absolutely no difference in the FSUIPC WideServer code on any of the platforms FSUIPC4 runs on. In fact the code is identical to that in the WideServer.DLL when it was separate, in FSUIPC1/2/3 days. Once I got it working properly I never dared to make any real low level changes as I knew (and still know) precious little about Networks! The code for the Networking was copied in bulk from Microsoft SDK examples!

I'm currently doing a flight. If it happens again, I will check the log files afterwards.

The log file from FSUIPC won't tell you anything if P3D is simply hanging when WideFS tries to shut down. There's nothing it can log. The thread shutdown is just a simply call to Windows. If it doesn't return then that's it.

Pete

The log file from FSUIPC won't tell you anything if P3D is simply hanging when WideFS tries to shut down. There's nothing it can log. The thread shutdown is just a simply call to Windows. If it doesn't return then that's it.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I thought so as well, and it seems to be true. Looks a bit strange anyway, like the sim closing and coming up again. I'd suspect some windows update, or something in the P3D code that makes this happen just now.

Just for information, here's the FSUIPC log. Don't think it's related or helpful here. :)

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.949a by Pete Dowson *********
Prepar3D.exe version = 3.1.2.15831
Reading options from "D:\Prepar3D v3\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"
Running inside Prepar3D v3 on Windows 8.0
Module base=5DF10000
FSUIPC4 Key is provided
WideFS7 Key is provided
      266 System time = 17/01/2016 17:13:51
      266 FLT UNC path = "C:\Users\Olli\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files\"
      266 ------ Module Version Check ------
      266        acontain.dll: 3.1.2.15831
      266             api.dll: 3.1.2.15831
      266        controls.dll: 3.1.2.15831
      266      fs-traffic.dll: 3.1.2.15831
      266             G3D.dll: 3.1.2.15831
      266            sim1.dll: 3.1.2.15831
      266        visualfx.dll: 3.1.2.15831
      266         weather.dll: 3.1.2.15831
      266          window.dll: 3.1.2.15831
      266 ----------------------------------
      266 Trying D:\Prepar3D v3\Modules\SimConnectP3D2.dll
      266 Found it: trying to connect
      297 FS UNC path = "\\VIRUS\Prepar3D v3\"
      375 ---------------------- Joystick Device Scan -----------------------
      375 Product= Saitek X52 Pro Flight Control System
      375    Manufacturer= Saitek
      375    Vendor=06A3, Product=0762 (Version 0.48)
      375    Serial Number= Saitek
      375 -------------------------------------------------------------------
      391 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
      391 -------------------------------------------------------------------
      391 ------ Setting the hooks and direct calls into the simulator ------
      391 --- CONTROLS timer memory location obtained ok
      391 --- SIM1 Frictions access gained
      391 --- FS Controls Table located ok
      391 --- Installed Mouse Macro hooks ok.
      391 --- Wind smoothing fix is installed
      391 --- All links okay (except older global weather setting method)
      391 -------------------------------------------------------------------
      391 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
      391 Trying to use SimConnect Prepar3D
     1797 Running in "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v3", Version: 3.1.3.1 (SimConnect: 3.1.0.0)
     1797 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
     1797 FSUIPC Menu entry added
     1828 C:\Users\Olli\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files\Default.fxml
     1828 \\VIRUS\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\beech_baron_58\Beech_Baron_58.air
    36063 \\VIRUS\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX WL\B737-800WL.air
    49657 System time = 17/01/2016 17:14:40, Simulator time = 17:14:23 (16:14Z)
    49657 Aircraft="Boeing 737-8K5NGX airberlin Winglets"
    50657 Starting everything now ...
    54828 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled
   224828 Weather Mode now = Global
   224828 Weather Mode now = Custom
   833828 Weather Mode now = Global
   833828 Weather Mode now = Custom
  1434250 Weather Mode now = Global
  1434250 Weather Mode now = Custom
  2034672 Weather Mode now = Global
  2034672 Weather Mode now = Custom
  9221969 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 9173 secs = 59.9 fps
 13982453 Weather Mode now = Global
 13982578 Weather Mode now = Custom
 14112297 Weather Mode now = Global
 14112297 **** No SimConnect events or states being received! Re-connecting now ... ****
 14112391 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
 14112407 Running in "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v3", Version: 3.1.3.1 (SimConnect: 3.1.0.0)
 14112407 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
 14112407 FSUIPC Menu entry added
 14112828 System time = 17/01/2016 21:09:03, Simulator time = 21:09:48 (20:09Z)
 14169453 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 57 secs = 39.1 fps

Oliver.

I'm afraid I've no solution and I cannot make it fail with WideFS enabled here at all.

Pete

Hello Pete

Like i wrote in my first post, this is a little problem. Normally i make my flight, shutdown the computer and that´s it. I noticed this issue, while i´m testing some things, which have nothing to do with FSUIPC. So let us check off this issue.

Maybe, when you here something in the future, you can report it here.

Have a nice evening.

See you soon.

Andreas