The simFlight Network Forums

P3D v3.1 - 4.949f crashing during flight

I'm using the latest version: 4.949f and after sometime flying, FSUIPC stops working and P3D v3.1 starts to freeze every 5 sec.

If I load from last autosave, FSUIPC will start working again, but only for about 10seg and then it stops (at least I think it stops, because it disappear from Add-ons tab bar) and the freezes come back.

ASN, XAcars still working even after FSUIPC stopped

I'm using the latest version: 4.949f and after sometime flying, FSUIPC stops working and P3D v3.1 starts to freeze every 5 sec.

If I load from last autosave, FSUIPC will start working again, but only for about 10seg and then it stops (at least I think it stops, because it disappear from Add-ons tab bar) and the freezes come back.

I can't be sure without checking the FSUIPC4.LOG file (which is a text file you will find in the P3D Modules folder),  but this sounds like something is causing SimConnect to stall -- it is taking longer that 1 second to supply data which should actually be supplied on every frame. In that event FSUIPC decides something is wrong with the connection and does a full re-connection, which is probably what is causing the pauses.

If you paste the contents of the log here, or at least part of it till the first stall (it will be obvious in the log), I'll check.

Generally this could simply mean that you are overloading P3D and SimConnect cannot keep up. If this were the case, and the stall is merely occasional but then unrecoverable because the reconnection takes too long with other applications also running, then you could try increasing the "SimConnectStallTime" from the default of 1 (second). That's a parameter in the [General] section of the FSUIPC4.INI file. Try 10, and if that appears to fix it, reduce it till it just starts happening again, then increase it by 1.

It isn't good having to do this, though, as it means anything dependent on FSUIPC data is getting irregular or infrequent service. Really you should seek to solve the underlying problem, that P3D's SimConnect simply isn't getting enough time, or is getting held up from time to time by excessive demands. Take a look also at your average frame rate. If that is quite high, put a lower limit on it so that P3D allows more time for other things. If it is rather low then it is a matter of reducing the load -- sliders down, less AI, simpler weather from ASN (and less frequent updates), and so on.

Pete