The simFlight Network Forums

PFC-Button in FSX not mor available

I use the PFC Jetliner Yoke USB and PFC CIRRUS Pedals USB.

I think since the last Download of the newest FSUIPC-Version the PFC-Button in the taskbar of the FSX isn't more aivailable, so I am not able to program the 6 Button of the yoke.

Do I need the PFC.dll ? In your describe I read that the dll is only for the COM-Port models.

Regards

Rolf

Edited by Rolf2

I use the PFC Jetliner Yoke USB and PFC CIRRUS Pedals USB.

I think since the last Download of the newest FSUIPC-Version the PFC-Button in the taskbar of the FSX isn't aivailable, so I am not able to program the 6 Button of the yoke

There's been no change in any of that part of FSUIPC since long long ago. In any case, all buttons, axes, POVs and sliders are read as one data set from DirectInput. There's no way to separate these.

I've no idea what you mean by " the PFC-Button in the taskbar of the FSX isn't aivailable". What is this "PFC" button? Which "task bar" is this. I thought only Windows had a "task bar"? Are you talking about FSUIPC's "Buttons & Switches" tab, which is where you program buttons? There's no "PFC" button in any version of FSUIPC.

Do I need the PFC.dll ? In your Decribe I read that the dll is only for the COM-Port models.

PFC.DLL is only for FS9 and before, for the serial port PFC devices which need a driver. PFCFSX.DLL is for FSX and P3D, and again, only for PFC devices needing a driver -- neither are used for those devices which are in effect standard Windows joysticks. I don't have any of those, but documentation with your devices surely gave you instructions? Else maybe you need PFC support.

There's also PFCHID.DLL which is for their more sophisticated consoles which have features not supported via the normal Windows  joystick interface.

Pete

Hello Pete

Thank you for your very quick reponse:

I think the idium Taskbar was not correct, I mean the above title bar from the FSX with FLIGHT AIRCRAFT WORLD OPTIONS VIEWS HELP ADD-ONS .

I remember that there a PFC -Button was available but I don't know it sure, may be when I used the PFC throttle Quadrant.

I am still searching where I can program the Buttons, at the moment I haven't a idea

FSUIPC.ini

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
0=PFC USB Pedals
0.GUID={268A16D0-28F8-11E1-8002-444553540000}
1=PFC USB Joystick
1.GUID={268A16D0-28F8-11E1-8001-444553540000}

FSUIPC.log

076 Product= PFC USB Joystick
     1076    Manufacturer= PFC MFG.
     1076    Vendor=04B4, Product=0302 (Version 2.136)
     1076    Serial Number=
     1076 Product= PFC USB Pedals  
     1076    Vendor=04B4, Product=0303 (Version 2.136)
     1076    Serial Number=

This is an older entry from the 15.Feb.

Regards

Rolf

Edited by Rolf2

Hello Pete

Thank you for your very quick reponse:

I think the idium Taskbar was not correct, I mean the above title bar from the FSX with FLIGHT AIRCRAFT WORLD OPTIONS VIEWS HELP ADD-ONS .

I remember that there a PFC -Button was available but I don't know it sure, may be when I used the PFC throttle Quadrant.

That's the FSX MENU. And, no, PFC would not have been in the main menu, but it would have been in the Add-ons menu (drop-down) if and only if you were using one of the PFC DLLs I mentioned. But buttons wouldn't be assigned there -- the PFC DLLs have pre-determined uses for all the buttons and switches on the PFC devices they support.

[JoyNames]

AutoAssignLetters=No

0=PFC USB Pedals

0.GUID={268A16D0-28F8-11E1-8002-444553540000}

1=PFC USB Joystick

1.GUID={268A16D0-28F8-11E1-8001-444553540000}

FSUIPC.log

1076 Product= PFC USB Joystick

1076    Vendor=04B4, Product=0302 (Version 2.136)

1076    Serial Number=

1076 Product= PFC USB Pedals  

1076    Vendor=04B4, Product=0303 (Version 2.136)

1076    Serial Number=

They look like standard Windows-recognised joysticks for which you wouldn't use any PFC DLLs. You can assign buttons in FS itself or in FSUIPC.

If you don't understand FSUIPC, and can't read the User Guide, why not just do it all in FS? You'd need to have purchased FSUIPC to assign there in any case.

Pete

Hello Pete

Sorry, Black-out, it must be the weather!!

I now find the way, Add-ons, Level-D-Menue,Preferences Joystick  etc. , no PFC- Button .

My last calbration seems a long time ago.

Thank you for your responce.

Regards

Rolf

BTW.:

I have registered versions from FSUIPC and WIDE FS