The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek throttle issues.. again

Hi Pete,

You help me a few days ago regarding possible duplicate assignments which I got sorted out by disabling controllers in FSX.  In the process of trying to sort out a different issue with my GoFlight MCP displays ( I wasn't plugged into a powered USB hub) all of the sudden my Saitek yoke/throttle developed an odd behavior.

Namely, at ready for takeoff, once I advance the throttle or move the spoiler lever the reversers come on and the spoilers remain raised.

Long story short, I've been around the block several times WRT Saitek registry issues and have removed those. The yoke/throttle use MS default drivers.  When I try to calibrate the axes in Win7 it appears the Axes XYZ values are highest with the levers at min and lowest when levers are highest.  This seems backwards.  Also if I change the USB port and let win7 load a new driver twice now I get what appears to be a Saitek-based driver even though I have loaded their software on this machine.

When I try to assign axes in FSUIPC the joystick assignment reads in/out values with a great range from -16K to +16K, however, when I proceed to the axis calibration tab the throttle in/out values show 0.  In VC the reversers come on at about half way down lever-wise.  But since I can't seem to get to the calibration tab I can't calibrate the reversers to not come on.  Its all very confusing to me at the moment.

I would like to just clear out the drivers for the yoke/throttle and start over.  I have attempted this numerous times now and still get the same result.  I've let FSUIPC re-build its *.ini file and no joy.

I know the Saitek issues come up regularly and I have trolled many threads and tried many remedies, but both I can't get passed this.  Thanks for reading all this.  If any recommendations I appreciate it.

Keith

Namely, at ready for takeoff, once I advance the throttle or move the spoiler lever the reversers come on and the spoilers remain raised.

Sounds like you have the directions reversed. 

When I try to calibrate the axes in Win7 it appears the Axes XYZ values are highest with the levers at min and lowest when levers are highest.  This seems backwards

It might seem that way, but many controls are that way. This is why "REV" options are provided both in FS and in FSUIPC calibrations. "REV" stands (obscurely?) for REVerse, and checking those options with reverse the values to owrk inthe other direction. Easy, eh? And even fully documented!

In FSUIPC you should do that BEFORE calibration, else calibration witll be wrong. Just press the RESET button for each affected axis first, then SET, then select REV and then calibrate as per the numbered steps in the documentation.

Pete

Thanks for feedback Pete.

To close the loop, the axis were not reversed as far as FSX goes. I ended up unplugging the yoke/throttle, rebooted, used CCleaner to remove any spurious registry entries, rebooted, plugged in the yoke/throttle, calibrated via Win7 and I opened up the dead zone in the center and tightened up the dead zone on the outside edges and re-tried to assign/calibrate in FSUIPC and everything is fine now. Fingers crossed of course...

Thanks again.

Keith