The simFlight Network Forums

Module SDK?

Pete/someone can you please point me to a source of info on writing modules for F2002/2004?

I've downloaded all the FS2002 SDK files and none of them contain any info about writing modules.

Don't worry Pete - it's not going to be a replacement FSUIPC. :wink:

I just need some very specific interfacing done to FS2002/2004 and need to code everything from scratch.

Thanks

Paul

Pete/someone can you please point me to a source of info on writing modules for F2002/2004?

I don't know of one, though I do recall someone providing a reference to some basic examples before. Have you done a search here? It is probably still in the Forum somewhere.

Basically, I normally advise to start by writing a Gauge, for which there are MS SDKs. Gauges are DLLs with the same sort of module linkage, but loaded by PANELS.DLL instead of by the FS EXE at initilialisation. Once you have a working gauge written in C you are over half way there. (Don't use XML, that won't help).

Regards,

Pete

Thanks Pete, that makes everything much clearer!

I was under the impression that module dlls interfaced to the flight sim differently from gauges. So it's just a silly little gauge dll :D

I just found a barebones example of a module dll which is on the Squawkbox page under downloads.

http://www.squawkbox.ca/downloads/fsmodule.zip

Looks like Joel DeYoung has been asked that question plenty of times.

Thanks again

Paul