The simFlight Network Forums

Profile specific

New to FUIPC and would like to have a separate profile for my F6F and normal FSX for all my other plane.  I tried  to set up for the loaded F6F for Prifile Specific and it seemed to be working pretty well. I switched to a Douglas C-117 and nothing worked. I exited FSX and reloaded the C-117 still no joy. I really have no clue as what I'm doing so I know I messed it all up somehow.  I do need help.

budsbud

You posted to the FAQ sub0forum, which is a repository for answers to Frequently Asked Questions, not the Support Forum. Please only ever post support questions here, in the Forum proper. You are lucky I saw it.

New to FUIPC and would like to have a separate profile for my F6F and normal FSX for all my other plane

By "normal FSX" do you still means with things assigned in FSUIPC. You can't mix FSX assignments with FSUIPC ones.

I tried  to set up for the loaded F6F for Prifile Specific and it seemed to be working pretty well. I switched to a Douglas C-117 and nothing worked.

Did you make any assignments before setting Profile Specific for the F6F? If not, then you obviously need to make whatever assignments you need, now. If you started off only making Specific assignments, the naturally they won't apply to anything else. That's the whole point.

I really have no clue as what I'm doing so I know I messed it all up somehow. 

"Messed it all up"? Does this imply you did have assignments before you started on the Profile for the F6F? If so I can only see what you've done by taking a look at your settings. Find the file called FSUIPC4.INI in the Modules folder -- it'll be tagged as configuration settings.  Paste its contents into a reply here.

Pete

Mr. Dowson,

Please forgive my ignorance on all this.  I hate to bother you with my problems.  Again I am confused. You stated:  “You posted to the FAQ sub0forum, which is a repository for answers to Frequently Asked Questions, not the Support Forum. Please only ever post support questions here, in the Forum proper. You are lucky I saw it.”  I assume that I should have posted this query in the Support Forum ?

I disabled the controllers in FSX.  Removed the Aileron, Rudder, Elevator, axis in FSX.  Loaded  the F6F. Tried to follow the instruction as per the FSUIPC Users Guide.   I had made no assignments before I started the profile for thr F6F. Began with setting those axis using Profile Specific. Set up a few buttons for flaps, elevator trim. I went out to FSX and things worked well.  I then exited FSX and reloaded it. Selected the C-117 to Fly Now.  I had assumed that the FSUIPC setting would only be active when the F6F was loaded.  The C-117 came up but no controls functioned.

FSUIPC,ini

[General]

UpdatedByVersion=4950

History=YR6VNXKNKSW78WSHFF8T5

InitDelayDevicesToo=No

NewInterceptTextMenu=No

UseSystemTime=Yes

UseMidMouseBtn=Yes

MouseWheelMove=No

MouseWheelTrim=No

MouseWheelTrimSpeed=1

JoystickTimeout=20

PollGFTQ6=Yes

BlankDisplays=No

FixControlAccel=Yes

FixMachSpeedBug=No

NewDeleteVehiclesForAES=No

AutoScanDevices=Yes

AssignJoystickIDs=Yes

VisibilityOptions=No

OneCloudLayer=No

CloudTurbulence=No

CloudIcing=No

GenerateCirrus=No

SuppressCloudTurbulence=No

MaxIce=-4

MinIce=-4

UpperWindGusts=No

SuppressWindTurbulence=No

SuppressWindVariance=No

WindTurbulence=No

TurbulenceRate=1.0,5.0

TurbulenceDivisor=20,20,40,40

SuppressAllGusts=No

MaxSurfaceWind=0

WindLimitLevel=200

WindDiscardLevel=400

WindAjustAltitude=No

WindAjustAltitudeBy=2000

SmoothBySimTime=No

WindSmoothing=No

WindSmoothness=2

WindSmoothAirborneOnly=Yes

PressureSmoothness=0

TemperatureSmoothness=0

DisconnTrimForAP=Yes

ZeroElevForAPAlt=Yes

ThrottleSyncAll=No

WhiteMessages=No

ShowPMcontrols=No

SpoilerIncrement=512

MagicBattery=No

RudderSpikeRemoval=Yes

ElevatorSpikeRemoval=Yes

AileronSpikeRemoval=Yes

ReversedElevatorTrim=No

ClockSync=Yes

ClockSyncMins=5

ClearWeatherDynamics=No

OwnWeatherChanges=No

TimeForSelect=4

LoadFlightMenu=No

LoadPlanMenu=No

PauseAfterCrash=No

BrakeReleaseThreshold=75

SaveDataWithFlights=No

ZapSound=firework

ShortAircraftNameOk=Substring

UseProfiles=No

EnableMouseLook=No

DelayedMouseLookZoom=No

AxesWrongRange=No

TCASid=Title

TCASrange=40

AxisCalibration=No

DirectAxesToCalibs=No

ShowMultilineWindow=Yes

SuppressSingleline=Yes

SuppressMultilineFS=No

AxisIntercepts=No

DontResetAxes=No

InitDelay=0

GetNearestAirports=Yes

OOMcheck=Yes

OOMcheckInterval=10

WeatherReadFactor=2

WeatherRewriteSeconds=1

CustomWeatherModify=No

SimConnectStallTime=1

LuaRerunDelay=66

Console=No

FSVersionUsed="Microsoft Flight Simulator X",10.0.61637.0

SimConnectUsed=10.0.61259.0

[JoyNames]

AutoAssignLetters=No

2=Logitech Extreme 3D

2.GUID={D6BAB590-146D-11E6-8001-444553540000}

0=CH PRO PEDALS USB

0.GUID={24D187B0-4390-11E3-8004-444553540000}

1=CH FLIGHT SIM YOKE USB

1.GUID={24D187B0-4390-11E3-8005-444553540000}

[Axes]

PollInterval=10

RangeRepeatRate=10

[buttons]

PollInterval=25

ButtonRepeat=20,10

1=P2,10,C65720,0

2=P2,11,C65721,0

3=P2,1,C66654,0

4=P2,6,C65752,0

5=P2,0,C65580,0

6=P2,2,C65615,0

7=P2,3,C65607,0

8=P2,7,C65588,0

[AutoSave]

Next=1

Interval=60

Files=10

SaveOnGround=No

AutoSaveEnabled=No

[GPSout]

GPSoutEnabled=No

[GPSout2]

GPSoutEnabled=No

[WideServer]

WideFSenabled=Yes

[sounds]

Path=D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\

Device1=Primary Sound Driver

Device2=Realtek Digital Output(Optical) (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Device3=Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)

[Profile.F6F]

1=USN Wilbur 'Spider' Webb VF-2

[JoystickCalibration]

AllowSuppressForPFCquad=Yes

ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes

ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes

ExcludePropPitchSet=Yes

SepRevsJetsOnly=No

ApplyHeloTrim=No

UseAxisControlsForNRZ=No

FlapsSetControl=0

FlapDetents=No

ReverserControl=66292

Reverser1Control=66422

Reverser2Control=66425

Reverser3Control=66428

Reverser4Control=66431

MaxThrottleForReverser=256

AileronTrimControl=66731

RudderTrimControl=66732

CowlFlaps1Control=66162

CowlFlaps2Control=66163

CowlFlaps3Control=66164

CowlFlaps4Control=66165

SteeringTillerControl=0

MaxSteerSpeed=60

[Axes.F6F]

RangeRepeatRate=10

0=2X,256,D,0,1,0,0

1=2Y,256,D,0,0,2,0

2=2R,256,D,3,0,0,0

3=2S,256,D,0,0,0,9

4=2P,0,F,66416,0,0,0

[buttons.F6F]

0=P2,1,C65606,0

1=U2,1,C65606,0

2=P2,10,C65720,0

3=P2,11,C65721,0

4=P2,5,C65595,0

[JoystickCalibration.F6F]

AllowSuppressForPFCquad=Yes

ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes

ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes

ExcludePropPitchSet=Yes

SepRevsJetsOnly=No

ApplyHeloTrim=No

UseAxisControlsForNRZ=No

FlapsSetControl=0

FlapDetents=No

ReverserControl=66292

Reverser1Control=66422

Reverser2Control=66425

Reverser3Control=66428

Reverser4Control=66431

MaxThrottleForReverser=256

AileronTrimControl=66731

RudderTrimControl=66732

CowlFlaps1Control=66162

CowlFlaps2Control=66163

CowlFlaps3Control=66164

CowlFlaps4Control=66165

SteeringTillerControl=0

MaxSteerSpeed=60

RightBrake=0,16380

Aileron=-16380,-512,512,16380

SlopeAileron=5

Elevator=-16380,-512,512,16380

SlopeElevator=5

Rudder=-16380,-512,512,16380

SlopeRudder=5

Throttle=-16380,16380

budsbud

Please forgive my ignorance on all this.  I hate to bother you with my problems.  Again I am confused. You stated:  “You posted to the FAQ sub0forum, which is a repository for answers to Frequently Asked Questions, not the Support Forum. Please only ever post support questions here, in the Forum proper. You are lucky I saw it.”  I assume that I should have posted this query in the Support Forum ?

Er, yes, that's what I said, and that's why I moved it here. You must have actually sought out the "FAQ" subforum for some reason, because all the links in my documentation and on the SimMarket and Schiratti websites would bring you here, not to any sub-Forum.

I disabled the controllers in FSX.  Removed the Aileron, Rudder, Elevator, axis in FSX.

You don't need to remove anything in FSX is you disable controllers. That will d it all.

Loaded  the F6F. Tried to follow the instruction as per the FSUIPC Users Guide.   I had made no assignments before I started the profile for thr F6F. Began with setting those axis using Profile Specific. Set up a few buttons for flaps, elevator trim. I went out to FSX and things worked well.

Okay. so, then, so far you have not made ANY assignments for aircraft generally, only specific ones for the F6F.

I then exited FSX and reloaded it. Selected the C-117 to Fly Now.  I had assumed that the FSUIPC setting would only be active when the F6F was loaded. The C-117 came up but no controls functioned.

Of course, because you've not made any assignments whatsoever which aren't specific to the F6F

Your FSUIPC4.INI file shows this clearly. You have assignments for the F6F, but none for any other aircraft. You have yet to make any. How do expect controls which aren't assigned to do anything to do anything?

Pete

From what I am seeing here it appears that I must set up in FUIPC assignments for all of the planes that I want to fly.  Is this correct ?  It is FUIPC for all or none.

I'm not sure how you really expected any controls to work with no assignments whatsoever. You already know yyou disabled controllers in FS. If you don't disable controllers in FS you risk many conflicts with what you are asking FSUIPC to do. You choose FS or FSUIPC.

You said you only wanted one lot of settings for all aircraft except the F6F. So you just make assignments, as you wish, but without selecting Profile mode. Then only the F6F will load profiled settings, the rest will use generic settings, all automatically. This doesn't preclude you from making other profiles later. It's all on a need basis, as you find some aircraft need different things.

I think you've only run into any confusion because instead of starting normally -- loading up FS with FSUIPC installed, and assigning your controls and buttons for all the normal stuff, ready to fly -- you immediately selected Profile mode and programmed only for the one aircraft. I expect quite a few button and joystick assignments might be common even to the F6F. Profiles for buttons and keys only override generic assignments where you've explicitly set them. Only axis and calibration settings are wholly either profile or generic.

Pete

Mr. Dowson

"Your kind response clarified my confusion.    "You said you only wanted one lot of settings for all aircraft except the F6F. So you just make assignments, as you wish, but without selecting Profile mode. Then only the F6F will load profiled settings, the rest will use generic settings, all automatically. This doesn't preclude you from making other profiles later."  

The without selecting: Profile mode made it all clear.

Thanks for all your help.

budsbud