The simFlight Network Forums

Odd characters showing in traffic look

My first time posting in this forum. Anyhow, I'd like to thank you Peter for all the effort you put in.

I keep getting strange characters in Traffic Look, here's a link for a Snapshot of the problem. They also show up in Ted Wright's NAV 3 program.

My FS setup

FS9 running on Dell Inspiron 8200

FSUIPC 3.10

WideFS 6.10

Traffic Look running on Dell Dimension XPS D333

I keep getting strange characters in Traffic Look, here's a link for a Snapshot of the problem. They also show up in Ted Wright's NAV 3 program.

The errors seem to be related to specific AI aircraft IDs --

Speed Bird 2466

Speed bird 8085

Speed Bird 1485

Speed bird 2738

etc. The common thing (apart from them all being British Airways) is that they are all 15 characters long, which is rather odd since FSUIPC 3 should be only allowing them to be 14 characters at maximum -- the other character has been stolen for use in providing the "status" indication.

It looks like there's a bug in the way FSUIPC itself is providing the string data for the names. Sorry about this -- it is very odd it hasn't cropped up before, as it must have been like this for over two months now.

I will check it and fix it in the next version (3.11), within a week or two. Thanks for the notification!

Regards,

Pete