The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3D - Scenery Creation

Amon-Rá

Hello, Feelthere.

I hope that you are fine. So, I bought the so waited Tower 3D via Steam. I played for many hours and I can say that It is a wonderful simulator. Despite of many considerations, I am very impressed with the quality of it.

But, I would like to ask if it will be possible to make own scenery as Tower 2011 or edit/create traffic schedule or paint new liveries? I made 2 sceneries for Tower 2011, hundreds liveries and I created a program to generate schedules based in real flight plans for my sceneries and it would be wonderful to do it for Tower 3D.

Anyway, I want to thank for the effort and the work to make this amazing simulator.

Allan

Hi Allan,

I know I'm not Feelthere, but I noticed a comment in another thread regarding information on schedules etc.

They are currently talking about the changes for SP1, which could change how it is working, and they want to wait until they know if the changes for SP1 influences the way scheduling works.

Sorry I don't have time to search for the post right now, but it's here some where.

Regards,
Frank

Hello, Frank

How are you? I am happy with your attention. Thank you. About schedules, I saw today a topic about it.

Do you know about scenery creation? Is it possible to do it in this version or PRO? Maybe I missed something in previous discussions.

Best regards

Allan

Airport creation will not be directly supported. We spent lots of times to create a user friendly editor for Tower! 2011 and only 2 companies released airports for it. We realized the demand was not there so we are working one on one with developers who are already created airports for Tower! 2011. We also need some 3D work reference from you as T!3D is built in 3D.

In the meantime we also learned the demand is high for add-on airports so we will do our best to release then faster and in larger numbers. 

If you have already developed airports for Tower!2011 so you are aware of how to do it, please contact us after SP1 and we will discuss how can we help you. 

The following tools are absolutely necessary:

-photo editing tools (ie.: Photoshop or similar)
-3D software (3DS MAX is prefered)
-experience with Unity3D

Thank you

Vic

Hello, Vic

Thank you so much for your answer. I developed 3D sceneries in GMAX and other tools for Flight Simulators, so I would like to try to make own airports (airports of my country mainly) for Tower 3D. 

I will contact you after SP1.

Thank you

Allan

Vic

No doubt. I want to distribute for free. I made the SBGR airport (Guarulhos International Airport, São Paulo, Brazil) and SBCT airport (Afonso Pena International Airport, Curitiba, Brazil) and all traffics (with liveries) that they fly there (Cargolux, KLM, Lufthansa Cargo, Floridawest, Alitalia Azul, Gol and etc...) for Tower 2011.

The Unity3d program I never used, but I can learn how do it.

If you want, I can send to you screenshots of my Tower!2011 sceneries.

Allan