The simFlight Network Forums

Recorder

On 9/19/2016 at 10:27 AM, kzuerner said:

Can I "operate" the Recorder in Prepar3d via FSUIPC?

In Simconnect you have "StartRecorder", "StopRecorderAndSaveRecording" and "PlaybackRecording".

Check the latest list of FS controls included in the current interim FSUIPC update ZIP. I think these are added now (but I'm not sure).

Pete

39 minutes ago, kzuerner said:

Unfortunately I only found "Recorder Record Start" 67396.

How could I stop the Recorder and use Playback?

No idea how you playback, but there's also "SimDirector Toggle Flight Recordings". What does "Toggle Playback Controls Window" do?

I guess the only way is via the menus or SimConnect. All FSUIPC can do is list the events indexed by P3D's "CONTROLS.DLL".

There are lots of new facilities in the P3D versions of SimConnect, but the job of FSUIPC is to provide ongoing compatibility with FSX/FSX-SE (and even as far back as FS98!) across the years. For new stuff specific to new sims I would expect folks to use the new facilities. When Microsoft invented SimConnect it was actually meant to replace the need for FSUIPC and I was preparing to retire back then! Fat chance!

Pete