The simFlight Network Forums

4.956 and P3dV3.4

I am having an issue with 4.956 and P3dV3.4.  I have installed the 4.956 dll into the module folder and have copied over and renamed the simconnectP3D3.dll file from the newest P3D SDK.  On the first start of the sim after doing these activities the sim works as normal.  After shut down and restart of the sim, the sim throws an error and fails to start.  When I check the windows error log it indicates the fault module as the FSUIPC.dll.  When I check the FSUIPC.log I get the following:

31 ----------------------------------
       31 Trying I:\P3DV3\Modules\SimConnectP3D3.dll
       31 Found it: trying to connect
       31 Failed, insufficient support: 00000000
       63 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...
       63 FS UNC path = "\\DANNY-PC\P3DV3\"
      328 Finished: 0 Profile files created

Full log attached.

If I delete both the simconnectp3d3.dll and the FSUIPC.dll files and reinstall them the sim will start again, once.  And, again, on the second attempt to start will fail with the same indication in the log.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Danny

FSUIPC4.log

28 minutes ago, RCFlyer said:

I have installed the 4.956 dll into the module folder and have copied over and renamed the simconnectP3D3.dll file from the newest P3D SDK

Er, "SimConnectP3D3.dll is installed by the FSUIPC4 installer, it is NOT from the P3D SDK. You need to run the current FSUIPC4 installer, THEN copy over the FSUIPC4.DLL with the 4.956 version!

Pete

Pete

Thanks for the reply.  I reinstalled 4.955c, then copied the 4.956 dll into the modules folder, started the sim and, once again, the sim failed to start.  The windows error log again indicated the FSUIPC.dll as the fault module.  I checked the installed log and it indicated a correct install.  I checked the FSUIPC.log file and this time it did not contain the " Failed, insufficient support: 00000000 " comment.

I have restarted the computer and tried to start the sim again.  This time it worked as normal.  I shut the sim down and restarted it, and, it worked fine.  

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Danny