The simFlight Network Forums

Starting external programs via FSUIPC

Hi,

I am trying to autostart vPilot client via FSUIPC and I have added the following line to FSUIPC.cfg:

[Programs]
Run1=KILL,C:\Users\FlightSim\AppData\Local\vPilot.exe

However when I launch P3D (V3.4) vPilot will not start and I have the following warning in FSUIPC log:

FSUIPC couldn't run: "C:\Users\FlightSim\AppData\Local\vPilot.exe" [Error=2]

Both vPilot and P3D are set to run as administrators

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Ezio

1 hour ago, hookipa said:

[Programs]
Run1=KILL,C:\Users\FlightSim\AppData\Local\vPilot.exe

However when I launch P3D (V3.4) vPilot will not start and I have the following warning in FSUIPC log:

FSUIPC couldn't run: "C:\Users\FlightSim\AppData\Local\vPilot.exe" [Error=2]

Windows error 2 is simply "file not found". You have the wrong path, I expect.

It is rather unusual to have actual program files stored in the AppData folders. Those are pretty much exclusively used for program data specific to the user. 

You need to find the correct path for vPilot.exe.

Pete

Pete,

thanks for your quick reply. AppData folder is the default install location of the program and I have checked and rechecked many times the correct definition of the path. The strange thing is that when I had Windows 7 it started as expected, with the same command in FSUIPC and the same location in AppData...now with Windows 10 (fresh install) I have this problem ... I suspect it might be something related to permissions...but it is a strange issue.

Regards

Ezio

26 minutes ago, hookipa said:

thanks for your quick reply. AppData folder is the default install location of the program and I have checked and rechecked many times the correct definition of the path. The strange thing is that when I had Windows 7 it started as expected, with the same command in FSUIPC and the same location in AppData...now with Windows 10 (fresh install) I have this problem ... I suspect it might be something related to permissions...but it is a strange issue.

Maybe. Certainly I'm really surprised it installed there. Can you try uninstalling it and re-installing the a normal folder sleection?

And "FlightSim" is your user name, the one you are logged in with?

Pete

Flightsim is my user name, yes...

vPilot user guide reccomends to install it in the default location and considering that it works flawlessly (apart from the topic subject) I am not keen to move it..in the end it is not a big issue but I found strange that I could not start it via FSUIPC as I have several other programs (Opus FSI, EFB, etc..) that I normally start via FSUIPC and I never had a problem with this FSIPC feature..

Ezio