The simFlight Network Forums

More than 1 ID for Joystick / no axis control on rotary

PROBLEM1: Although I have uninstalled all drivers, all software, FSUIPC registers the joystick and the throttle twice. I did change the ID´s once because when the throttle was on 1 and stick on 2 it did not recognize the throttle. I used a program called JOYID to chage the ID´s. Don´t understand why it still reads the 2 values and more importantly if this has any impact on the performance and if iso, how can I get rid of one or the other ID ?  And last bu not least does it have anything to do with my problem 2 ?? My ini attached

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

PROBLEM 2: The Saitek throttle of the X55 has 2 Rotary knobs. They are recognized as an axis in FSUIPC. I use them as Mixtrue and Prop control. However when trying to Calibrate in FSUIPC I get the minus and plus values OK however the change occurs not gradually but switches from max. to min. at a certain point, actually it changes just before reaching max.on the rotary The weird thing is, that I had them working before smoothly, but had to change something in FSX , had the ini rebuilt and from than onward these rotaries do not change gradually. Mixture for example, which is on one of the rotaries,  jumps from full rich to full lean at a certain point just before reaching  the full deflection of the rotary. Needles to say, I uninstalled all Saitek drivers and software, from PC ( also deleted the parts in the registry), now just running the 2 USB devices with their generic drivers.

FSUIPC4.ini

5 hours ago, alphons10 said:

FSUIPC registers the joystick and the throttle twice. I did change the ID´s once because when the throttle was on 1 and stick on 2 it did not recognize the throttle. I used a program called JOYID to chage the ID´s. Don´t understand why it still reads the 2 values

The IDs come from the Registry. If you only have one "Rhino Throttle" and  one "Rhino Stick" then somehow two of each have become registered. 

Does JoyIDs register both copies too?

and more importantly if this has any impact on the performance

No, no impact at all. All you need to do is assign to whichever are being recognised in the assignments tab when you move the axes or press the buttons.

However when trying to Calibrate in FSUIPC I get the minus and plus values OK however the change occurs not gradually but switches from max. to min

This seems to be a common problem with Saitek stuff, and seems to be related to the way the devices are defined in the Registry via their installed "Inf" files.  I'm pretty sure the Saitek website has threads and maybe answers about this, but meanwhile also look at the FAQ subforum threads entitled 

and

Pete

Hi Pete,

I cannot thank you enough for your info. After days of endless trials without success - your pointed me in the right direction.  There were still some traces left in the registry which were responsible for the double ID´s in the ini.  Now all is back to normal with ID 0 Throttle  and ID 1 Stick.

At the same time the rotaries responded to the calibration now moving smoothly from min. to max.

Thank you again now I am eager to setup all my aircraft's on FSUIPC and finally get into the air again !!

Al