The simFlight Network Forums

Ezdok starting via FSUIPC

1 hour ago, walterzach1158 said:

While FSUIPC starts Ezdok via RUNIF command - FSX returns to Windowed mode - is that normal

If EZDOK promotes itself to foreground there's not really much you can do about it. Are you loading it with the "READY" keyword too? If so try leaving that off so it loads whilst FS is still loading. However, if you aren't having FS starting at the initial selection menu, and going direct to the full screen mode for a default flight, that might not make any difference.

can i instruct FSUIPC to go back to Fullscreen mode?

Sorry, there's no facility for that, though I suppose you could look at having an automatically loading Lua plug in which send the relevant keystroke combination.

I use OpusFSI for my view controls as I find it rather better behaved, and if you minimise it it loads up minimised next time too, so not taking the screen. Maybe EZDOK will do the same?

Pete

I removed the READY Parameter, and now Ezdok is coming up with the FSX Opening Screen:

RUN1=C:\Programme_Manuell\EZCA\EZCA.exe
RUN2=READY,E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Disposition\FollowMe.exe (FollowMe does not shoot out the FullScreen Mode)

Ezdok is always closing a few seconds after FSX is down, is there any Parameter to accerelate and shut down Ezdok earlier?

Regards

Walter

9 hours ago, walterzach1158 said:

Ezdok is always closing a few seconds after FSX is down, is there any Parameter to accerelate and shut down Ezdok earlier?

Only the KILL keyword, which forcibly terminates it just like using Task Manager to end its process. Not friendly, but normally harmless unless you've changed parameters you want it to save. Different programs take longer to close depending on their "tidy up" at the end.

Pete

OK..  Thanks Pete - Task Manager not reachable cause i´m in Fullscreenmode.

You don't need to reach it!! I only mentioned it to explain that with the "KILL" keyword in your Run command, instead of "CLOSE", it would act like terminating the process with Task manager!

Mind you, I now notice you didn't even bother to use the CLOSE keyword either, in the Run= line. Maybe that will do the trick in any case. Why didn't you try it? (You don't close followme.exe either).

Pete

Could you please describe the exactly Parameter for: (with Using the KILL Keyword)

RUN1=C:\Programme_Manuell\EZCA\EZCA.exe

Can't you find the section in the Advanced User's guide? Just put the CLOSE or KILL word in, much as you did the READY keyword before. How did you do that if you don't know how to put parameters into a line?

Pete