The simFlight Network Forums

024c and 0290

Hi Pete,

I would like to be able to see on the status windows menu both 0290 and 024C. If I ask a windws in P3D, I have both in 2 lines, if I ask on top, I have only the first on  left side. I did not find in the documentation provided how to have one on teh left side and one in the middle or on the right side of the bar.

Thank's

best regards

Yves

4 hours ago, yvesamuel said:

I would like to be able to see on the status windows menu both 0290 and 024C. If I ask a windws in P3D, I have both in 2 lines, if I ask on top, I have only the first on  left side. I did not find in the documentation provided how to have one on teh left side and one in the middle or on the right side of the bar.

Sorry, the use of the title bar really only sensibly allows one value to be displayed properly. Most folks would use a different display method, either via a Lua plug-in or with a separate program. These methods have the added advantage of being able to convery the raw number into something more meaningful like Megabytes.

For on screen in FS you can simply select the "FS display" or "FS window" option (sorry, don't recall exact wording, but it is obvious when you look) on the Logging tab. You can of course size that window and it should remember it if you save the flight, but there are no formatting facilities. It is always two lines, left-aligned.

These built-in monitoring facilities are really only designed for ease of debugging programs or plug-ins.

Pete

Here's a Lua plug-in which will show frame rate, VAS total free, VAS max block size and the AI traffic count, all in a Lua display window in FS/P3D. I'll add this to the Lua examples package installed by FSUIPC on the next full release (which will be soon).

-- Update the display at 500 msec intervals (see event at end)
function mytimer(time)
    fr = ipc.readUW(0x0274)
    if fr ~= 0 then fr = 32768/fr end
    fr = math.floor((fr * 10) + 0.5)/10
    mem = ipc.readUD(0x024C)
    memmb = math.floor((mem/1024) + 0.5)
    maxmem = ipc.readUD(0x0290)
    maxmemmb = math.floor((maxmem/1024) + 0.5)
    traff = ipc.readUD(0x025C)

ipc.display("Frame Rate   " .. fr .. 
            " fps\nVAS free       " .. memmb .. 
            " Mb\nMax block free " .. maxmemmb .. 
            " Mb\nTraffic            " .. traff)
end

-- Adjust timing to taste: 500 = 1/2 second
event.timer(500, "mytimer")

I also have one which shows these values in a separate Window , but it will only run under WideClient (I use it on a Network PC).  I can post that if you are interested.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I use VAS_Monitor WideFS.lua on a client PC.
Frame Rate: Values Varies Correctly
VAS free: the values varies correctly
Max block: The value remains at zero. What does this value correspond to?
Traffic: Values varies correctly
I can have more information about Max block, it is related to the memory my memory that is monitored and which values it must have.
Dominique..
Google translation.