The simFlight Network Forums

ATC output selection (soundcard)

Just a whish for next fsuipc :

*Maybe the next FSUIPC could intercept the ATC Wav data stream before being mix with other wav file and direct it to second sound card. (Like intercepting variables). :D

*Or just new variables/offset of "what ATC Wav File would be played", then play that ATC Wav file(s) to other sound card, or just new variable/offset of the ATC file name "being played" so we can play it seperately with external program (--> decompress the "big" ATC sound file fist of course - read MSFS SDK). 8)

*Or a patch so ATC Wav is/can be played on second sound card :lol:

So we can hear ATC voices on headset like the real thing. 8)

Forget esound and epic card because not many of us have that (epic) card. :(

Thanks

*Maybe the next FSUIPC could intercept the ATC Wav data stream before being mix with other wav file and direct it to second sound card. (Like intercepting variables).

This was the original 100% aim of Esound, and in fact all it did originally, when I first wrote it for FS98 so may years ago. It worked with the Adventure sounds then, which is all you had to do ATC.

I struggled desparately to get it working in FS2000 after FS has completely changed the way it handled sound, but I never found a way to do it. This is why I dropped my interest in Esound and developed in no further.

I certainly wouldn't consider it for FSUIPC when Esound already has all the right code in it to handle multiple sound cards and so on.

*Or a patch so ATC Wav is/can be played on second sound card :lol: So we can hear ATC voices on headset like the real thing. 8)

I can do this already, running Radar Contact on a second PC via WideFS. The ATC from Radar Contact is far more professional than the inbuilt FS ATC is, anyway.

Forget esound and epic card because not many of us have that (epic) card. :(

Whilst Esound does have facilities for EPIC support, it was not written for EPIC and does not require EPIC. The "E" in the name stands for "Extra", not "EPIC"! :)

If someone can find a way of intercepting the ATC sounds, by all means I will implement this in Esound, and my interest in that program will be seriously revived, as it could meet it's original purpose again. Whilst doing this perhaps the same genius could also please tell me how to intercept the ATC displays, so I could divert those too -- to an alternative PC, or even to an application program for processing.

Regards,

Pete