The simFlight Network Forums

RAZER TARTARUS CHROMA

I have a Razer Tartarus Chroma programmer keypad. It can be programmed to output keystrokes or joystick buttons. I have been unable to program this to be recognized by the registered verison FSUIPC4 4.96. When I set it up to output joystick button, FSUIPC4 does not recognize the joystick button. FSX recognizes it as joystick button but not FSUIPC4. Any ideas?

Adam Poincon

Maybe I was not clear enough with the problem. FSUIPC recognizes the Razer keypad. When I go to assign a function in FSUIPC, I click on the buttons and switches to program and when I press the button on the Razer, FSUIPS does not see the press. Nothing pops up in the Joy# or Button#. Attached is a copy of the INT file in the Modules folder.

Thanks

Adam

Razer.txt

It may not be seeing it as a normal Joystick. Keyboards are different so that's irrelevant. They are NOT joystick type devices! 

Please refer again to my previous reply! Also you could run my HidScanner to check properties.

Oh, and what button numbers do you see in FSX?

Pete

The Razer has a programmable feature that allows the keystroke to represent a standard alphanumeric character or a joystick button. It has a 15 key keyboard and 3 modes of operation. Each one of keys can represent joystick buttons 1 thru 15 so I can use any button I desire to use. When I use FSX default options to program, I see the same joystick button I programmed the Razer to. The only problem I have is that I have leave FSX default option on and program the the joystick I have with FSUIPC. If there is nothing more you can provide I will continue to use both FSX and FSUIPC.

Thanks

Adam

Adam,

You need to assign a key on the main keyboard to a function either within FS or FSUIPC and then assign that same key to a button on the keypad via the Razer software.

I use mine in both FSX and P3D and have never had any problems setting up this way.

I understand what you mean by FSUIPC not detecting the button press but if you setup as above then that is not an issue.

27 minutes ago, apoincon said:

The Razer has a programmable feature that allows the keystroke to represent a standard alphanumeric character or a joystick button. It has a 15 key keyboard and 3 modes of operation. Each one of keys can represent joystick buttons 1 thru 15 so I can use any button I desire to use.

Okay. Most of that isn't useful information. Out of that the infrormation I asked for was the button numbers that FSX actually sees. I take that is 1-15 -- correct? In that case FSUIPC should certainly see them too. It should see 0-31 but FSX numbers them from 1 instead.

Now, to find out why it doesn't see them, I need to see the log produced by HidScanner ehich you can find in the "useful additional programs" part of the Download Links subforum.  I'd also like to know if you bothered to refer to the thread in FAQ I asked you to look for, and perhaps run JoyIDs to set the joystick ID? That was the first step I advised, if you look back!

It is rather pointless you carry on replying explaining the same problem over and over. I would like to help solve the issue of FSUIPC not seeing the buttons, but I cannot do that without your help! Surely you can see that? I don't have all these devices sitting here waiting for me to try them!

Pete

20 minutes ago, apoincon said:

Also the log file is attached.

Okay. That sees the device as about 8 distinct USB devices. I've never seen anything like it! The only one with the correct name AND with any buttons signalled is this one:

Device at "\\?\hid#vid_1532&pid_0208&mi_02#8&172de645&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}"
  Vendor=1532, Product=0208 (Version 2.0)
  Manufacturer= Razer
  Product= Razer Tartarus Chroma
  Serial Number= Razer Tartarus Chroma
  Device is a mouse
  Usage Page: 1
  Input Report Byte Length: 9
  Output Report Byte Length: 0
  Feature Report Byte Length: 91
  Number of Link Collection Nodes: 2
  Number of Input Button Caps: 1
  Number of InputValue Caps: 4
  Number of InputData Indices: 7
  Number of Output Button Caps: 0
  Number of Output Value Caps: 0
  Number of Output Data Indices: 0
  Number of Feature Button Caps: 0
  Number of Feature Value Caps: 0
  Number of Feature Data Indices: 0
  Buttons range 1 -> 3 at indices 0 -> 2
  Value 0x40 at index 3, range -127 -> 127, using 8 bits
  Value Wh at index 4, range -127 -> 127, using 8 bits
  Value Y at index 5, range -32768 -> 32767, using 16 bits
  Value X at index 6, range -32768 -> 32767, using 16 bits

This USB data says it has only 3 buttons (which FSUIPC would see as 0-2), plus a wheel and two axes, X and Y.  How are there 15 buttons?

Do you not see buttons 0-2 in FSUIPC? Does FSUIPC see the axes at all? Have you looked?

Looking further down the file I see there is another device with the same Vendor and Product codes,, but a corrupted name, with more buttons and axes:

Device at "\\?\hid#vhidjs#9&10090989&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}"
  Vendor=1532, Product=0208 (Version 1.1)
  Manufacturer= Raduct=0208 (Version 1.1)
  Product= Rar= Raduct=0208 (Version 1.1)
  Serial Number= Rauct=0208 (Version 1.1)
  Usage Page: 1
  Input Report Byte Length: 12
  Output Report Byte Length: 521
  Feature Report Byte Length: 0
  Number of Link Collection Nodes: 1
  Number of Input Button Caps: 1
  Number of InputValue Caps: 7
  Number of InputData Indices: 31
  Number of Output Button Caps: 0
  Number of Output Value Caps: 4
  Number of Output Data Indices: 4
  Number of Feature Button Caps: 0
  Number of Feature Value Caps: 0
  Number of Feature Data Indices: 0
  Buttons range 1 -> 24 at indices 7 -> 30
  Value R/RZ at index 0, range 0 -> 255, using 8 bits
  Value V/RY at index 1, range 0 -> 255, using 8 bits
  Value U/RX at index 2, range 0 -> 255, using 8 bits
  Value Z at index 3, range 0 -> 255, using 8 bits
  Value Y at index 4, range 0 -> 255, using 8 bits
  Value X at index 5, range 0 -> 255, using 8 bits
  Value POV at index 6, range 0 -> 7, using 4 bits

That has 24 buttons, 6 axes and a POV hat. 

Maybe the first one is obliterating this one? Do you see 24 buttons, not 15, in FS?

I'm afraid this device looks way different from anything I've seen before, so I'm not sure what is going on. FSUIPC is very dependent here upon the data it gets from the Registry. Could that be in a mess? It might be worthwhile uninstalling the device completely, from the Device Manager in Windows, and re-booting, to see if that helps.

Otherwise it could be complex to resolve. I might need you to run tests with extra logging enabled.

But it won't be tonight. I check back here tomorrow ...

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Have you asked me about this beofre, at all?

No but then I had never tried it until today just before I replied to this thread to see if I could see the issue that Adam was referring to.

It doesn't affect me anyway as I don't assign using that method so is irrelevant to me whether it's an issue with FS, FSUIPC, Windows, Razer driver etc. The way I assign to the Razer works and that's all I'm bothered with,