The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Price

I Am currently buidling my 737 overhead panel and MCP, spent 200€ in parts and PMDG software and now I see the FSUIPC software is 30$, Unfortunately I have finished everything but connecting the switches to FSX and I cant find anthing that wont use FSUIPC and sim connect is missing a ton of inputs to the PMDG 737 NGX's switches. I am using 3 arduino uno cards and 1 arduino mega card. I have also noticed the price of fsuipc fluctuating between 21 and 30$, does anyone know why? and when it will be at its cheapest.

26 minutes ago, julianfer5 said:

I have also noticed the price of fsuipc fluctuating between 21 and 30$, does anyone know why? and when it will be at its cheapest.

The price in Euros in Europe stays constant, but the VAT added in different countries in Europe varies. For other currencies (USD being one), the price at any time will depend on exchange rates, though I wouldn't have thought by as much as 21-30.

As for "when t will be cheapest", I suppose you'd need to become an expert in predicting exchange rate movements.

FSUIPC has never been in a "sale", but there is a discount for the bundle FSUIPC + WideFS bought together, and there used to be a discount for FSUIPC3 users upgrading to FSUIPC4, but I think that was only if they bought FSUIPC3 within a certain period beforehand.

Pete

1 minute ago, Pete Dowson said:

The price in Euros in Europe stays constant, but the VAT added in different countries in Europe varies. For other currencies (USD being one), the price at any time will depend on exchange rates, though I wouldn't have thought by as much as 21-30.

As for "when t will be cheapest", I suppose you'd need to become an expert in predicting exchange rate movements.

FSUIPC has never been in a "sale", but there is a discount for the bundle FSUIPC + WideFS bought together, and there used to be a discount for FSUIPC3 users upgrading to FSUIPC4, but I think that was only if they bought FSUIPC3 within a certain period beforehand.

Pete

Thanks Pete, 

Do you know Of any software apart from FSUIPC that will let me interface PMDG FSX buttons with real life inputs? Link2fs Also relies on simconnect and the buttons are limited.

1 minute ago, Pete Dowson said:

The interface for the PMDG aircraft is included in their installed files, in the SDK folder, so there's all you need their to write your own interface using SimConnect.

Pete

Oh ok, Writining my own interfarce though is well above my capability, In this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kompjMFqug I can see fsuipc being very easily used with the macro function, However Im unsure on how I would connect an arduino to FSUIPC so it would read the button presses. 

48 minutes ago, julianfer5 said:

However Im unsure on how I would connect an arduino to FSUIPC so it would read the button presses. 

Well, an Arduino needs some programming too. In the part which runs at the PC end you'd detect signals from the Arduino and use them to set "virtual button" flags in FSUIPC offsets. I think I programmed an Arduino to send simply short messages when a button was pressed and then had an FSUIPC plug-in written in Lua which read it on the COM interface and set the offsets accordingly.

It would be MUCH easier for you to use a Leo Bodnar board which had switch and axis inputs which can be directly assigned like for any joystick device.

Pete

Ok thanks, I think Im going to use Mobiflight and FSUIPC. As I can set macros to switches in FSUIPC and asign Arduino pins to macros/fsuipc offsets in mobiflight.

Anyways thanks for your Help Pete! Can I buy  lisence using paypal?

I would also like to say The support for FSUipc seems amazing and I aprecciate your help

Edited by julianfer5