The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and old FSMeteo

Hi Pete,

I purchased FSUIPC. Thanks for your free and great work the last years.

As I'm still flying with FS2002. I'm using an older version of FSMeteo (5.2.1), because I thought it's not needed to upgrade ( $$$ ) to a new version - just for FS2002.

When I download real weather with FSMeteo everything works fine. But the sim is hanging up. You are not able to see outside (scenery), you can not switch the views. If I stop FSMeteo everthing is fine again, exept all lights (aircraft and scenery lights) are sourrounded by a black square.

Only starting FS new is solving this problem.

So my question is:

is it possible that older FSMeteo versions are not working with the new FSUIPC (same appearing with the old freeware version of ActiveSky - 1.5)?

Best regards,

Watsi

PS: got the newest FSUIPC

is it possible that older FSMeteo versions are not working with the new FSUIPC (same appearing with the old freeware version of ActiveSky - 1.5)?

No, there is no difference in this regard between a registered copy of FSUIPC 3 running on FS2002 and the most recent version of FSUIPC 2. It sounds like you have something else going on there. The only difference between the old versions of FSMeteo and ActiveSky and the new ones is that they used the older methods of Weather control -- but differently. Active Sky used the old FS98 methods, whilst FSmeteo used the AWI. Both are still supported identically in FSUIPC 3. In FS2004 (only) the NWI is supported in addition, but this is only used in very recent releases.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

it's me again with some news concerning my problem. I would like to share it with you and others:

IN FACT it's not a FSMeteo or FSUIPC Problem. The "hang up" ALWAYS appears, when I minimize the FS-window (fullscreen) and open it again.

It seems to me that this is a DirectX 9 problem or a problem with the grafics-driver (Nvidia Detonator 45.23).

My System:

WIN XP (pro), AMD 1800+, 512 RAM, Asus GF 3.

(latest patches and drivers)

There is a workaround (not a solution):

everytime you minimize you FS-window and open it again go for a short time into windowed mode (with ALT+ENTER) and go back to fullscreen. Then everything works fine.

Beside the workaround, I would still like to know what THE REAL PROBLEM IS. Does anybody have ideas?

Regards, Watsi