The simFlight Network Forums

FSX-SE Crash with Mindstar G1000 & FSUIPC 4.96

Good evening,

I recently purchased both the Mindstar G1000 panel and FSUIPC 4.96 (registered) to use with FSX-Steam Edition.  I've searched as best as I could but didn't find anything specific to FSX and this issue (except for one thread back in 2009), so I apologize if this was already stated somewhere else. 

When flying with a Mindstar G1000 equipped aircraft, I can fly around no problem and start the SIM fine.  I can load approaches into the flight plan no problem, too.  However, as soon as I activate the approach, FSX freezes and will eventually display a not-responding error.  If I disable FSUIPC, I do not have the issue.  I'm not entirely sure where the issue resides as the Windows error log seems to point to FSUIPC, but I have submitted a support case with Mindstar as well so if you need me to work primarily with them please let me know.

Logs are attached and if more information is needed please let me know. 

Thanks in advance,

Chris 

Other info:

Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

nVidia Drivers: 378.66 (single monitor)

WindowsEventLog.xml

Edited by SnowPilot

6 hours ago, SnowPilot said:

However, as soon as I activate the approach, FSX freezes and will eventually display a not-responding error.  If I disable FSUIPC, I do not have the issue.  I'm not entirely sure where the issue resides as the Windows error log seems to point to FSUIPC, but I have submitted a support case with Mindstar as well so if you need me to work primarily with them please let me know.

Mindstar did have some problems, which were caused by a bug in FS and P3D to do with airport definition for AI plans. See item 18 in the list of changes in 4.96 (in the FSUIPC History document).  I provided parameters to help work around this -- by preventing FSUIPC requesting departure and arrival airport information for AI traffic (So use of these will affect any traffic oriented utilities you use).

The Mindstar GPS appears to be the only add-on affected by this serious FS bug. i think L-M have either now fixed it in P3D, or it is on their list to do so.

I'm sure Mindstar support would have told you this and helped you.

BTW Version 4.96 is out of date in any case and not supported. Please update to 4.963.

Pete