The simFlight Network Forums

SFUIPC 4

I am new to this forum.  Maybe some one can help me out.  I just installed a new version of SFUIPC 4 in FSX/PMDG V3.  However, when i try to create a macro, nothing seems to be doing anything at all.  Meaning after I click on CREATE A NEW MACRO given a name the macro then switch over to PMDG cockpit to click on any button waiting a for macro screen asking for naming the macro again.  But no matter what I do nothing pop up asking to confirm.  I have used an older version before and knowing how to create a macro.  By the way, the installation of SFUIPC 4 was good except the pop up from Windows 7 x64 bit warning about making sure the program install correctly or not.  Please help. 

10 minutes ago, Tien said:

I just installed a new version of SFUIPC 4 in FSX/PMDG V3.

I assume you mean "FSUIPC"? I don't know of an SFUIPC.

11 minutes ago, Tien said:

However, when i try to create a macro, nothing seems to be doing anything at all.  Meaning after I click on CREATE A NEW MACRO given a name the macro then switch over to PMDG cockpit to click on any button waiting a for macro screen asking for naming the macro again.

Sorry, I am not following you. After you name the macro FILE you exit from the Options screen. Are you doing that?

The macros themselves then need naming. You create one macro file containing all your macros for that aircraft or aircraft type.

13 minutes ago, Tien said:

But no matter what I do nothing pop up asking to confirm.

Pop up where?

13 minutes ago, Tien said:

I have used an older version before and knowing how to create a macro.

The macro facilities in FSUIPC have not changed ever since they were first added, so perhaps you gave forgotten? Please refer to the User Guide.

Pete

Sorry that I missed spelled.  After the initial naming the macro, I then exit out FSUIPC menu and into PMDG.  If I just click on any aircraft button it should pop up a window for me to name the file but nothing happens there.  I went back to FSUIPC menu to END MACRO CREATION.  

46 minutes ago, Tien said:

After the initial naming the macro, I then exit out FSUIPC menu and into PMDG.  If I just click on any aircraft button it should pop up a window for me to name the file but nothing happens there.

If clicking on a button or switch or dial does not bring up the macro naming and testing window, then mouse macros are not supported for that button or switch. In fact very few new add-on aircraft support mouse macros. To do so they must be written strictly to the original FS9 C/C++ gauge SDK issued by Microsoft.  A lot of FS9 aircraft did so (but sadly few parts of FS's own default aircraft!)

I don't know which aircraft you mean by PMDG V3 (I've never heard of a V3), but if it's one of 737NGX, 777X, 747QOTS II, then all those come with a complete set of custom controls you can use, assigned in FSUIPC using <custom control> and the number of the control derived from the documentation PMDG provide in th SDK folder of their aircraft (in the .h file, near then end).

If it is none of those aircraft, then maybe it uses L:Vars (local panel variables) which can be written using normal (not mouse) macros.

You might want to seek help in the PMDG support forums. I don't have any of their aircraft.

Pete