The simFlight Network Forums

New Version

I have a registered version of FSUIPC 4.955. This works ok. Having purchased FS Flying School 2017 I notice that requires FSUIPC 4.958 or higher.

I have downloaded unregistered 4.96.

Do I now have to pay for a registration key for the new version or will the old key work?

Will control bindings have to be re configured from scratch?

Thanks

Alan

24 minutes ago, westyallegro said:

I have downloaded unregistered 4.96.

If you've done this recently you will find it is 4.964. That is the earliest supported version.

30 minutes ago, westyallegro said:

Do I now have to pay for a registration key for the new version or will the old key work?

You only buy FSUIPC4 once. All updates since it was introduced in 2005 are included in the original price, and it is best to keep it up to date. I can't support old versions.

32 minutes ago, westyallegro said:

Will control bindings have to be re configured from scratch?

No, nothing is touched by the install except for replacing the program itself (the DLL) and updating documents and so on in your FSUIPC Documents folder. Updating is easy and only involves running the installer. You don't even have to re-enter your details.

Pete