The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Not Seeing Pokeys Button Presses

Hi Everyone,

I'm using FSUIPC V4.964, Steam, W10 and Prosim 737. Ive made a panel with toggles and buttons to control GSX and ProATC Menus. I have all the toggles and switches  connected to a USB Pokeys Card. Prosim sees all the toggle/button presses, but FSUIPC does not. FSUIPC sees my yoke buttons which are through a CH card.

I must be missing something here so I'm hoping someone can help me out.

Thanks 

Ed

Further to my question. Looking at my .ini file I dont see any reference to my Pokeys card, so this would be the reason it doesn't see my button/toggle presses.

So I guess the proper question would be, how do I get FSUIPC to see my Pokeys Card?

Ed

9 hours ago, burdman said:

how do I get FSUIPC to see my Pokeys Card?

FSUIPC does not include drivers for devices. It relies completely on Windows support for what are classed as "joysticks" in DirectInput, in the same way as Flight Sim and P3D do.

So, does FSX see the Pokeys buttons? Does Windows Game Controllers (or whatever it's called in Win10)? If not then for FSUIPC to see it you'd need a driver or some other software to recognise it. If it is a standard HID device (Human Interface Device) on USB, then you could write an FSUIPC plug-in for it using Lua, but you really would need to be a bit of a programmer.

I have heard of folks using PoKeys before. Are you sure there's not some implementations you could use around already? Have a look at some other Forums. Maybe Pokeys has a Forum or resource web site?

Oh, also try using FSUIPC 4.964f, available in the Download Links subforum. It has some improvements to joystick programming.

[LATER]
Didn't you try searching the User Contributions subforum here? I just did and found this thread:

Don't know if that's useful to you (BTW Lua script = plug-in).

Pete

Thanks Pete.

I did find some search results in the forum but had no success using the info supplied. I didn't see this thread though and I'm not a programmer. From what I gather I can use the Pokeys card as a Joystick but would lose 25 ports, as only 32 buttons can be used. The Ethernet version has software that allows the use of all ports. I've given up and going to move it all over to a Bodnar card. I was hoping I had missed something simple.

Thanks for your input.

34 minutes ago, burdman said:

I've given up and going to move it all over to a Bodnar card

Each Bodnar board represents one "joystick" device, so still limited to 8 axes/sliders and 32 buttons. They are relatively cheap though, and very easy to use.

Pete