The simFlight Network Forums

Relationship between MCP altitude holding and TQ Auto Throttles

Hello Peter

I would like to know what is relationship between MCP and A/T..

Actually, I am trying to use a new TQ with A/T, but I am facing a problem when the Auto Pilot MCP is engaged and ALT selected, the plane reach selected altitude and doesn't stop to this altitude. When climbing, ti stops to this selected altitude for a little moment, and goback to descent with big vario. When descending to   a selected altitude, it reach this altitude and doesn't stop and continue the descent with a vario accelation, till 4500ft/mn..

Please can you give an idea about MCP mode affected and the according offsets or any other reason.

Thank You

Milou

1 hour ago, Milou said:

I would like to know what is relationship between MCP and A/T..

The MCP is the "Master Control Panel", and A/T is part of what it contros, along with the Autopilot and other controls.

1 hour ago, Milou said:

IActually, I am trying to use a new TQ with A/T, but I am facing a problem when the Auto Pilot MCP is engaged and ALT selected, the plane reach selected altitude and doesn't stop to this altitude. When climbing, ti stops to this selected altitude for a little moment, and goback to descent with big vario. When descending to   a selected altitude, it reach this altitude and doesn't stop and continue the descent with a vario accelation, till 4500ft/mn..

You mean the aircraft is not reacting in time to achieve stability and instead is more and more unstable in the vertical? You need to find a better flight model then! It isn't a function of the controls, which just set the target values. It is a function of the aircraft modelling.

If this is that case, you are in the wrong place here. You need to find the correct forum for this, maybe the one for your aircraft.

Of course it could be that your throttle quadrant is sending wildly varying thrust requests to the simulator.  With the A/T engaged those should be ignored for small changes, but I think with default aircraft the throttle position would be ignored for all changes. But if the throttle was playing up you'd have problems flying normally too, without A/T engaged. Do you?

Try different aircraft. see if it's the modelling or your quadrant.

Pete