The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC5 and ntelligent AI Traffic Limiting option

Hi

Other features:

• an intelligent AI Traffic Limiting option, so that the slider can be higher for more variety but without excessive traffic affecting performance

I'm interested  how it works? I use MyTraffic  and I have problems with the air traffic,  as set traffic slider in P3D4 options example to 30-40% it`s a samall and medium-sized airports all ok with traffic but when moving to  large airports  then simulator crashing. Can I now use with FSUIPC5 traffic limiter, that in  large airports  I have a max limit planes?

regards

Eke

1 minute ago, eke_flx said:

I'm interested  how it works? I use MyTraffic  and I have problems with the air traffic,  as set traffic slider in P3D4 options example to 30-40% it`s a samall and medium-sized airports all ok with traffic but when moving to  large airports  then simulator crashing. Can I now use with FSUIPC5 traffic limiter, that in  large airports  I have a max limit planes?

Please see the documentation about this, in the back pages of the User guide. I'm not reproducing it all here. (I can set FSUIPC's limiter to, say, 200, and set the slider in P3D4 to 100% with MyTraffic 6, though, honesty, it is better at 60% or 70%).

BTW, this isn't a new facility in FSUIPC5.

Pete

Hi

Can someone  put your Traffic Limitter settings ( I want to try ). I've experimented but can`t find a suitable  configuration. Where else in the world  is ok, then the problem is LA region ( I will be there all ORBX stuff , FsDreamTeam KLAX_V2 and otherwise in  extremely high concentrations of airports). I also use MyTraffic.

Example my settings:

P3DV4 traffic options - 40%

FSUIPC5.ini

[Traffic Limiter]
AirportPreference=50
PlannedAirportsPreference=50
GroundPreference=50
NearerPreference=50
TargetFrameRate=13
TrafficLimit=120

And with these settings  throws P3D4 out to desktop when loading plane to KLAX  but when you start  from somewhere else and make a landing to KLAX, then i see in KLax only 2 (!) planes. This is a traffic problem, because when completely removed airplanes traffic in P3D4 options, then simulator loading ok to KLAX.

Does anyone have experience?

regards

eke

Edited by eke_flx

2 hours ago, eke_flx said:

Can someone  put your Traffic Limitter settings ( I want to try ). I've experimented but can`t find a suitable  configuration.

There are ni best figures to suitb everyone, or even to suit all situations.  You have to expriment. This is made easier because you can edit the file whilt P3D is running and adjust the values up or down a little. You've left them all at the middle line, 50%, which is the most likely not to be suitable for any one, but set like that to give a good starting point for raising and lowering them!

And with these settings  throws P3D4 out to desktop when loading plane to KLAX

You mean P3D4 is crashing? Do you have any crash details? You should send them to L-M''s Support Forum!

when you start  from somewhere else and make a landing to KLAX, then i see in KLax only 2 (!) planes.

Phew. Maybe the aircraft in that area are spread out with all those other airports in the area. With a limit of 120 and the slider at 40% you aren't getting a large variety of airlines in any case. 

If you are loading a Plan in P3D then set the PlannedAirportsPreference to a much lower value, so that it doesn't remove so many aircraft from your departure and landing airports. As for the others, you need to experiemnt. I still am! It's different again in P3D4 to FSX-SE and P3D3, which I was using before, because P3D4 seems much more lenient towards more Traffic than either of those. I can have the slider and limit vlaues a lot higher.

Pete