The simFlight Network Forums

Offset 0D70

Hello Peter,

I am sorry to disturb you for a question that may seem a bit superfluous, but I resign myself to it after long days of searching without success.

I developed a .NET app that allows me to interface my ARDUINO with FSUIPC5 (for a Remote Panel).

Everything works fine except that I need to call a macro registered under FSUIPC:
In a 'file.mcro', under the line "3 = L: key_on = Tog"

I tried by assigning a key to it in FSUIPC, but it is only very rarely perceived by FSUIPC (I have to wait at least 10 seconds between each switch movement!)

I understood by reading on the forum that it was better to refer to the offset 0D70 but I can not find any example of use of this offset:
How to declare it and how to call it by passing it parameter of the name of the macro.
By thanking you in advance for your help,

Didier Lamant

35 minutes ago, Didier LAMANT said:

I am sorry to disturb you for a question that may seem a bit superfluous,

You nearly didn't, because yu posted this in the FAQ sub-forum, a reference for answers NOT a support forum! I've moved it now. PLEASe use the Support Forum for support, not random subforums.

37 minutes ago, Didier LAMANT said:

Everything works fine except that I need to call a macro registered under FSUIPC:
In a 'file.mcro', under the line "3 = L: key_on = Tog"

I tried by assigning a key to it in FSUIPC, but it is only very rarely perceived by FSUIPC (I have to wait at least 10 seconds between each switch movement!)

You have something very seriously wrong in your system then. Absolutely nothing takes that long, even if there are hundreds of L:Vars defined in your add-on.

Try other L:Vars to see if it is a general problem in that aircraft, and trry different L:Vars in other aircraft to see if it is your system or only a faulty add-on.

38 minutes ago, Didier LAMANT said:

I understood by reading on the forum that it was better to refer to the offset 0D70

Who said that? 0D70 is used for executing macros from a program or Lua plug-in. It is no different from assigning a button or a keypress except it requires another program.

40 minutes ago, Didier LAMANT said:

but I can not find any example of use of this offset:

Offset use is described in the Offsets list in your FSUIPC Documents folder. But as I said, you need to make a program to use it.

Pete

The program: how I told you it is realized (in .NET VB), and works very well. The PC also works very well.
My only request was to transmit from my program to FSUIPC a request to execute a macro (to activate a switch that is specific to a helicopter).
But I understand that it is difficult to understand (I go through a translator, because I am French), and it seems that your time is precious ....

I thank you all the same for the time granted,
Didier Lamant

16 minutes ago, Didier LAMANT said:

My only request was to transmit from my program to FSUIPC a request to execute a macro

Ah, from a program. Sorry, I missed that.

In that case surely you arefamiliar with the Offset Status document in your FSUIPC Documents folder? Please look up offset 0D70 there and see if you understand it. Sorry, it is i English. Let me know what you don'tt understand.

18 minutes ago, Didier LAMANT said:

it seems that your time is precious ....

Well, in the sense that I've got too much to do this week and not enough time, yes. But if you look through the Forum you see I still answer every question, and promptly too.

I only said I nearly missed your query because yo posted it in the wrong place.

Pete

OK Peter, Thank you

I do not know if it is well expressed in English but I will try

In my VB .NET code
I have used up to now only offset like the followings (recovered in examples):
     Dim Compass As Offset (Of Double) = New FSUIPC.Offset (Of Double) (& H2CC)
     Dim pause As Offset (Of Short) = New FSUIPC.Offset (Of Short) (& H262, True)

Now with Offset '0D70',
  - I do not know how to declare in the code of my program (.NET) the type of offset '0D70' (ASCIIZ?!)
  - and how to use this type of offset in my program to send to FSUIPC to execute the line 3 of the
Macro named "MD530F.MCRO" (which is in my \ Modules folder)

Contents of the file 'MD530F.MCRO':
1 = L: B407_Eng_Start_Switch = Tog
2 = L: B407_Eng_Start_Switch = Set, 1
3 = L: key_on = Tog
4 = L: onoff = Tog
5 = L: B407_Master_Battery_Switch = Tog
6 = L: B407_Navlight_Switch = Tog
7 = L: Spare_3 = Tog
8 = L: idle eng = Tog
9 = L: CAP10 = Tog
Thank you for your help, because I can not find a single example on this subject since many hours of research
Didier