The simFlight Network Forums

Weather problem

Hi

Running FS2004 with Active sky version 1.91 and registered fsuipc 3.10

Got the damm FS98 weather issue with me, FL370 and experience rain/snow

Seems MS never ever will get it right, Pete any chanche you can step in for a lousy company

Thanks for the support during all those FS years.

Flemming

Running FS2004 with Active sky version 1.91 and registered fsuipc 3.10

Got the damm FS98 weather issue with me, FL370 and experience rain/snow

What is this "damn FS98 weather issue"? Sorry, I've never heard of it.

You get rain and snow at FL370? There are rain clouds above? If so, it will be Active Sky setting this. Did you check? What does Active Sky forum say?

Seems MS never ever will get it right, Pete any chanche you can step in for a lousy company

What has Microsoft got to do with it? They didn't write Active Sky.

It is more likely down to bad data from the Weather Internet sites. This is the most common reason for odd weather effects, but this is the first time anyone has ever mentioned rain at FL370, to me at least.

If you can explain more about what you are complaining about, and how it relates to FS98 and Microsoft, I may be able to offer some advice?

Regards,

Pete

Let me recall your memery, didn't you include a "fix" for rain in ealier version a fsuipc.

The rain fix was for a bug in FS2002 where the rain could get stuck on, never stopping -- even with no clouds. I worked out a solution, but this was only ever a problem with FS2002 and there was no problem with "spurious rain at FL370". In some ways it was similar to the stuck zero visibility problem in FS2000.

Both options are still available in the current FSUIPC, but they are not applied to FS2004.

There was no rain/snow implementation in FS98 so I'm certain there was no "FS98 rain/snow bug", so I still don't understand your reference to a "damn FS98 weather issue". Sorry.

Aren't you going to elaborate further? I don't understand why you'd come here with a possible problem and then not want to discuss it more fully so that it is possibly understood, and maybe even resolved. You seemed to imply it was some well-known historic bug but you evidently don't have the right reference for it?

Regards,

Pete