The simFlight Network Forums

FSX & 4.969 loss of x55 throttle axis

Bonjour,

I upgraded to 4.969 version for FSX. Running on Win10 64pro.

And no more throttle axis, while stick have no problem.

I have desinstall/reinstall the hotas and used JoyIDs, but same result.

FSUIPC see the throttle but dont give

Could you have a look to my files ?

Many thanks

FSUIPC4 Install.log

FSUIPC4.JoyScan.csv

FSUIPC4.ini_debug x200000

FSUIPC4.ini_debug x201000

FSUIPC4.JoyScan.csv

Edited by Sharpangel

What is the meaning of the "FSUIPC.ini debug x200000 files? They are merely the settings. The point of adding those Debug lines is to get the log with all the details in.

You supplied the Install log, which only shows that you installed FSUIPC, but you omitted the crucial FSUIPC4.LOG file itself!

Pete

I named " FSUIPC.ini debug x200000" to indicate that i added theese lines for your analyze as i saw in other topics

Debug=Please
LogExtras=x200000

I apologize for the omision.

Upload of LOG file failed, i will try again in a moment.

18 minutes ago, Sharpangel said:

I named " FSUIPC.ini debug x200000" to indicate that i added theese lines for your analyze as i saw in other topics

Yes, I understand that.  But the prupose of adding those lines was to get more logging in the LOG file.

19 minutes ago, Sharpangel said:

Upload of LOG file failed, i will try again in a moment.

Try ZIPping the file first. Being all text it will compress really well.

I have an interim update for 4.969 which I'm testing at present. I don't know if it will fix your problem (i could do with the log for that), but I'll give you a link to it anyway, soon, so you can try it.

The number of variations I've seen in how these X-55 units can register themselves wrongly is infuriating. Those (and the similar X-56's) have caused no end of problems over the last few weeks.

PEte

We just post together :=)

I'll do that as soon as i have the link.

The number of variations I've seen in how these X-55 units can register themselves wrongly is infuriating. Those (and the similar X-56's) have caused no end of problems over the last few weeks.

Yes, many same problems only in appearence.

Chris

1 hour ago, Sharpangel said:

FSX detect a problem with the dll and ask to run. After answer yes, FSX close and dont start.

Please run Windows Event Viewer (run it from the Start menu) and find, in the Application logs, the most recent Crash Data for FSX. You should be able to view it and copy it. Show me that, please. And also any log or part log produced. That is ALWAYs required.

4.969a loads fine here. The differences to 4.969 are miniscule.

Pete

I'am searching.

It is about 19h30 here, i leave and come back tomorrow.

Chris

Récipient d’erreurs 50, type 5
Nom d’événement : BEX
Réponse : Non disponible
ID de CAB : 0

Signature du problème :
P1 : fsx.exe
P2 : 10.0.61637.0
P3 : 46fadb14
P4 : FSUIPC4.dll_unloaded
P5 : 4.9.6.901
P6 : 5954fce3
P7 : 00051d7b
P8 : c0000005
P9 : 00000008
P10 :

Fichiers joints :
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER6C01.tmp.dmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER6CCD.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER6CCC.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER6CDC.tmp.txt

Ces fichiers sont peut-être disponibles ici :
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_d9106df46df71c2882bd8514b3630c23a21dda_68a774f9_16b672c7

Symbole d’analyse :
Nouvelle recherche de la solution : 0
ID de rapport : b8bbfa3e-82cf-4977-be0e-f3788dbde653
Statut du rapport : 268435456
Récipient avec hachage : 91d54bd99477275713b8807ae138d8f5

Récipient d’erreurs 50, type 5
Nom d’événement : BEX
Réponse : Non disponible
ID de CAB : 0

Signature du problème :
P1 : fsx.exe
P2 : 10.0.61637.0
P3 : 46fadb14
P4 : FSUIPC4.dll_unloaded
P5 : 4.9.6.901
P6 : 5954fce3
P7 : 00051d7b
P8 : c0000005
P9 : 00000008
P10 :

Fichiers joints :
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER6C01.tmp.dmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER6CCD.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER6CCC.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER6CDC.tmp.txt

Ces fichiers sont peut-être disponibles ici :
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_d9106df46df71c2882bd8514b3630c23a21dda_68a774f9_16b672c7

Symbole d’analyse :
Nouvelle recherche de la solution : 0
Statut du rapport : 268435456
Récipient avec hachage : 91d54bd99477275713b8807ae138d8f5

Nom de l’application défaillante fsx.exe, version : 10.0.61637.0, horodatage : 0x46fadb14
Nom du module défaillant : FSUIPC4.dll_unloaded, version : 4.9.6.901, horodatage : 0x5954fce3
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x00051d7b
ID du processus défaillant : 0x2af0
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d2f0e0f7227c4a
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : G:\Flight Sim X GOLD\fsx.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: FSUIPC4.dll
Nom complet du package défaillant :
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

Morning,

First put-in didn't work, thus i reinstall the original 4.969 then put the b dll version and the error window appeared, say yes and FSX start.

I choose basic C172, can open FSUIPC, name profile "Monomoteur" and configure axis. The plane fly correctly. Cant create another profile. I leave the fly and takeoff again, the profile is keeped.

Shutdown FSX and load it, Same flight conditions. "Monomoteur" profile is charged, can modify it, cant create another. Thus shtudown and reboot PC. No profile charged. Can create new one.

When you stop the fly and change plane, each time the last used profile is charged. Even when you take a plane with existent profile. Cant create another one. Need to exit FSX and reload to empty the profile. Sometimes needed to click twice or more to open FSUIPC.

May be a checkbox "exit profile" near "specific profile" could help.

41 minutes ago, Sharpangel said:

I choose basic C172, can open FSUIPC, name profile "Monomoteur" and configure axis. The plane fly correctly. Cant create another profile.

Once you assign a Profile for an aircraft, that's it -- it is the Profile for that aircraft. What do you expect, to have multiple profiles for the same aircraft? Where's the sense in that?

Load a different aircraft, one without a profile, and create one for it ... and so on. Anything else makes no sense.

44 minutes ago, Sharpangel said:

May be a checkbox "exit profile" near "specific profile" could help.

Do you mean "delete" profile, not exit? i.e. delete all the assignments made for that profile? I have thought of doing that -- currently it is only by deleting the profile sections in the INI file.

But, as I said above, if you have a profile assigned to the current aircraft you cannot use another profile for that aircraft. It makes no sense. How is FSUIPC expected to choose the correct profile for each aircraft automatically if there are multiple ones assigned? You evidently don't understand the purpose of profiles!

Anyway, why are you changing the subject of this profile. What about the X-55? That was why I gave you an FSUIPC update! I'm still waiting for the result, please!

Pete

I can assign

23 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

I choose basic C172, can open FSUIPC, name profile "Monomoteur" and configure axis.

This mean throttle and stick are now recognised. No problem.

Just the need to exit FSX to create new profile or to change plane with his profile loaded.

For profiles, my mind was to create generic porfiles for axis and then specialized profiles with switches and buttons, but i was wrong. I didn't remember this specific rule for profiles..

45 minutes ago, Sharpangel said:

ust the need to exit FSX to create new profile or to change plane with his profile loaded.

No!! Why exit FSX? Just load a different aircraft!

You seem to be suffering from quite a few misunderstandings.  You could ALWAYS change aircraft in all versions of FS without restarting! 

You can create your generic settings by loading any aircraft with no profile assigned. Then, when you create a new profile you are offered the option to include the generic settings or not, as you wish.

Why not read the User guide (again?)

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Thanks. I've found what the issue is. FSUIPC isn't seeing the notification from SimConnect of the change of aircraft, so it assumes it's the same one.

Investigating now ...

It is weird. A completely unrealted change in the same version, to have a separate thread monitoring certain non-aircraft related events (just timers in fact), to see if the SimConnect connection has actually failed or was instead was simply being held up for a long time because of things like PMDG files being saved (eg on AutoSacve), had the side effect of preventing a number of other simConnect events being signalled in the main thread.

It makes no sense to me, but it applies in P3D1-3 as well.

For now I'm removed that little precaution. Please download FSUIPC4969c.zip.

Pete

1 hour ago, Sharpangel said:

Do you need specific tests i can do to help ?

No, but thank you for the offer anyway. I've got some different ideas to check first in any case. 

FSUIPC4 has been okay without this extra check for all its life so far, so it isn't desperate.  I had just hoped to have separate thread checking the connection whilst PMDG freezes the system to save a flight.

I think that might be doomed in any case. SimConnect itself ptrobably gets frozen too.

Another idea is to suspend my time-out check when a flight is saved, until the message stream from SimConnect resumes.  Detecting the latter as opposed to further messages arriving before PMDG have frozen things is the only problem there I think. Also I'll need a limit on the time allowed in any case. Maybe 30 seconds.

Pete