The simFlight Network Forums

"Transition" from one point to another

CAG2

Hello everyone,

I am making an application with the FSUIPC .NET client.  I would like to make it so the aircraft can smoothly move from one point to another in a certain amount of time. I am coding in VB. Is this possible in FSUIPC?

So far I've made it so the app records your coordinates when the form opens, then when you click a button it sends your aircraft back to that position.

Public Class MainForm
    Dim lat As Offset(Of Long) = New Offset(Of Long)(&H560)
    Dim lng As Offset(Of Long) = New Offset(Of Long)(&H568)
    Dim latitude As Double
    Dim longitude As Double
    Private Sub MainForm_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        FSUIPCConnection.Process()
        longitude = lng.Value
        latitude = lat.Value
    End Sub
    Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        lng.Value = longitude
        lat.Value = latitude
        FSUIPCConnection.Process()
    End Sub
End Class

Thanks in advance.

It's possible. You will need to experiment with putting the Sim in Pause or Slew mode. This will stop Flight Sim from updating the plane's position.

You'll also have to work out the Lon/Lat positions along the path you want to move. Then, using some kind of timer loop, write each position along the path to 'animate' the plane. There are some helper classes in the DLL that can help with this. See the UserGuide.pdf and look at the FsLatLonPoint class. Especially the methods BearingTo, BearingFrom and OffsetBy...

Paul