The simFlight Network Forums

Rudder problem in P3D4

Hello Peter,

I am using FSIUPC for  along time notably for joystick calibration. I just moved to P3D4 and I am having a problem with the rudder (Thrustmaster). Yet brakes are fine! 

The rudder is assigned in FSIUPC but it seems its assignment is not read next time I load the sim because when P3D4 is started I have to go to FSIUPC, select the axis assignment tab for rudder and click OK. 

The values are OK in the FSIUPC ini file but it seems the sim has problems reading them (no problem with axis or buttons in my Saitek X52).   

Do you have any suggestion to solve this issue?

I use Win10 64 bit.

I thank you in advance!

kind regards

Ega

FSUIPC5.log

FSUIPC5.ini

FSUIPC5.JoyScan.csv

1 hour ago, ega said:

The rudder is assigned in FSIUPC but it seems its assignment is not read next time I load the sim because when P3D4 is started I have to go to FSIUPC, select the axis assignment tab for rudder and click OK. 

All that does is re-scan the devies. It's nothing to do with the assignments.

The usual reason for this is that the device is "going to sleep", maybe as a result of Windows power management. Check the Windows Device Manager, USB section, and make sure Power Management is turned off for all USB Hubs. (Right click on each for Properties).

I'm not sure what you intended to convey with the LOG you supplied, but that appears to show the rudder device responding fully. You operated the Right Brake pedal well enough, then later the rudder itself, and all within the first 7 or 8 seconds of the system being "ready to fly". Then later the Left brake axis, but still within 26 seconds. All without visiting the Options at all!

Pete