The simFlight Network Forums

FSPS 3D Dolby Cockpit sounds stops reacting after a while in P3Dv4

Hello Pete,

The program stops reacting after a while.  It looses connection with P3Dv4. Reststarting solves it for a short while.

First I contacted the developer. It is working fine till P3Dv3. He wrote that it is using Fsuipc to interact with Fs.

Is there anything I can do or will it perhaps work in a future Fsuipc update.

Hearing spoiler , gear and flaps wind sounds add a lot to the immersion.

And the program is freeware now.

Thanks and best regards,

Gerard

Just now, GSalden said:

The program stops reacting after a while.  It looses connection with P3Dv4. Reststarting solves it for a short while.

"The program" being some FSPS product do some sort of sound?

1 minute ago, GSalden said:

First I contacted the developer. It is working fine till P3Dv3. He wrote that it is using Fsuipc to interact with Fs.

Really? And why is it "losing connection"? Without knowing that, what do you think I can do? The developer needs to tell us why it is losing connection, unlike other FSUIPC applications.

Maybe you are using some really heavy add-ons which are occasionally causing pauses in SimConnect and so causing FSUIPC to stop getting any data? hve you tried looking at the FSUIPC lofg file to see if any problems are noted there?

There are complete cockpits (like mine) which have many FSUIPC clients needing continuous connection at rates sufficient to keep gauges, dials and displays properly updated (mine is one such), so i know there isn't a problem specifically with "connection". 

7 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Is there anything I can do or will it perhaps work in a future Fsuipc update.

If the program, or your system, has a problem causing loss of client connection, then it won't magically work in a later version without something being done about it. And nothing can be done about something which is not properly explained in the first place.

Pete