The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC controls setting

Good day,

I have my CH Yoke USB's levers assigned to throttle and reverser (mixture lever).

I was trying to assign prop lever to act as a spoiler control but moving the lever does not change the values in the spoiler control window withing FSUIPC.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help

Dom

I was trying to assign prop lever to act as a spoiler control but moving the lever does not change the values in the spoiler control window withing FSUIPC.

You've assigned the axis to the spoiler in FS's assignments dialogue? did you test it worked in FS then, before going to FSUIPC? You need to at least check that it does move the spoiler, even if wrongly.

All FSUIPC is doing is supplying more accurate calibration, for spoiler "ARM" position especially.

Test it with thr aircraft in the air. On the ground the spoiler will probably deploy to 100% when you arm it.

Pete

Thanks Pete,

I checked my main FS controls option menu and indeed the prop axis was not assigned to the spoilers, but prop instead. Should have thought of that first - sorry.

What I see now though is that I can set the range of the spoiler axis good, but in the FS it is erratic. With the full shift of the lever the FS spoiler lever just gets to the 'arm' position and then gets stuck there. Further CH lever movements do not 'release' it from the ARM position.

Thank you for your help,

Dom

What I see now though is that I can set the range of the spoiler axis good, but in the FS it is erratic. With the full shift of the lever the FS spoiler lever just gets to the 'arm' position and then gets stuck there. Further CH lever movements do not 'release' it from the ARM position.

Are you calibrating it in FSUIPC? You should be able to set the whole range there. The "Arm" part is quite small. The usual problem in FS2002 and FS2004 is that Arming the spoilers when on the ground sometimes (usually) deploys them to 100%. To check them you really need to be airborne.

If you cannot get them working correctly using FS's own settings, then FSUIPC is not going to be able to fix it. Maybe you have the FS "sensitivity" slider set too low? That could explain it. Use maximum sensitivity for such controls.

You could also try adding "stick_sensitivity_mode=0" to the [Controls] section of your FS CFG file, but that will affect all joystick inputs (but for the better, in my opinion! :) )

Regards,

Pete