The simFlight Network Forums

Writing Long/Lat

Hi There,

Im writing some software to write a LAT/LONG to FS to send the aircraft to it. Its basically meaning we can use MSFS outside view and X-Plane for the flight model. Problem is i cant get my head round converting a Long/Lat to the FS format FSUIPC requires. I did a quick search on the forum and found nothing. Has anyone got any code in any language? I can convert it, Delphi would be especially good.

Thanks

Gary Oliver

Problem is i cant get my head round converting a Long/Lat to the FS format FSUIPC requires. I did a quick search on the forum and found nothing. Has anyone got any code in any language? I can convert it, Delphi would be especially good.

The formulae together with hints on converting them are provided in the FSUIPC SDK.

Regards,

Pete

Solved it, before i was using doubles for reading. But had a quick browse to see delphi had a COMP datatype which allows the 64 integers so a nice simple conversion to write. Sorry bout that.

No need to apologise. It is possible to manipulate the values with two parts, derived from the two 32-bit values -- but you have to read them as regular integers not floating point, then convert them. The complication then comes in dealing correctly with the sign -- the high part is signed, the lower part is not, of course, but effectively has the same sign as the upper part.

If Delphi supports 64-bit integers then it is definitely MUCH easier, so well done for finding that. I think some C/C++ compilers support a "long long" which I think is the same.

Regards,

Pete

• 3 months later...