The simFlight Network Forums

Unable to install FSUIPC5 - Access denied error

Hi

Have just reinstalled P3Dv4 (after full proper de-installation). Cannot get FSUIPC5 (paid version and latest V5.11)  to install: 

Failed to place FSUIPC5.DLL into folder as "C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules\FSUIPC5.DLL"
      Error 5 reported ("Access is denied. ")

Full install log attached.

Purchased from SimMarket Order No 1674677

Thanks for your assistance.

Keith Hodkinson

FSUIPC5 Install.log

38 minutes ago, KeithHodkinson said:

Failed to place FSUIPC5.DLL into folder as "C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules\FSUIPC5.DLL"
      Error 5 reported ("Access is denied. ")

That's very odd. The Installer actually creates that folder with read/write access enabled. This has always worked.

Is there a Modules folder there already? Maybe something else created it, or it didn't get deleted when you last uninstalled?

Try these things:

1. Run the Installer in admin mode (right click on the EXE and select "run as ..." and select administrator. That should do it. If not:

2. If there is a modules folder, right click on it, select Properties, uncheck "Read-only" if it is set, then the "Security" tab, the "Edit" for the Group/user name, and add Everyone (if it isn't there), then when that's confirmed, check "Allow" for "Full control" and "modify" below.

If that doesn't work at all I can only think making the P3D folder itself accessible in the same way as in 2 above, but that's rather drastic.

I can say that such a problem has NEVER arisen before, in any version of FSUIPC since the Installer was first introduced. (Long ago it was a completely manual job).

Pete

Thanks Pete for your very rapid response!

Have struggled with this for several hours. The initial problem was a rogue registry entry from my previous P3Dv4 installation which was misleading your installer as to the correct (new) installation path.  I think one of the things I must have tried to get your installer to work was to create manually the Modules folder. Once I deleted that and ran your installer again as Administrator.. BINGO!

Thank you, wishing you all the best!

Keith Hodkinson