The simFlight Network Forums

throttle mapping 1->1,2 2-> 3,4

Hi,

I am using the GoFlight TQ6 for quite some years. As the moving parts got very tight and the inner plastic connections turned out to be too weak recently two levers which I used as throttle 2 and throttle 3 broke. So I had to deactivate these axis, as a substitute I defined throttle 4 as throttle 2 in the GoFlight software.

All works fine with two engine aircrafts, FSUIPC recognizes Throttle 1 as #1 and Throttle 2 as #2.

But unfortunately I can not configure it correctly for my (P3D v4) PMDG B744. When I activate "Map 1->-12, 2->34" ("Exclude THROTTLEn_SET" deactivated) Throttle 1 moves 1 + 3 (!) and Throttle 2 moves 2(!) + 4 . Deactivating this mapping again results in 1->1 and 2->2.

Btw, "Map 1->12, 2->3" leads to 1->1, 2->2 and "1->234" results in 1->1234.

What's wrong, how can I get it configured correctly for 1+2 and 2+3?

Best regards

On 9/30/2017 at 5:16 PM, Retard said:

But unfortunately I can not configure it correctly for my (P3D v4) PMDG B744. When I activate "Map 1->-12, 2->34" ("Exclude THROTTLEn_SET" deactivated) Throttle 1 moves 1 + 3 (!) and Throttle 2 moves 2(!) + 4 . Deactivating this mapping again results in 1->1 and 2->2.

First, please don't deactivate "Exclude THROTTLEn_SET". Very few aircraft implementations need this allowed, and allowing them may mess things up.

Second, just to check that it isn't something strange with the PMDG add-on, can you try with another 4 engined aircraft, preferably a default if one exists.

Third and last, please park both throttles somewhere that they don't jitter (eg one extreme or the other) then enable Axis logging in the FSUIPC logging tab, and (brieflyl) operate just one of your two throttles. Turn off axis logging soon afterwards to stop the log getting really big, wait a little (to separate well the entries in the log, by time), then do the same for the other throttle lever with the first parked.

The log will show which controls are sent when you move the throttle. I think you will find they are correct.

Pete

On 2.10.2017 at 1:21 PM, Pete Dowson said:

First, please don't deactivate "Exclude THROTTLEn_SET". Very few aircraft implementations need this allowed, and allowing them may mess things up.

Copy that.

On 2.10.2017 at 1:21 PM, Pete Dowson said:

Second, just to check that it isn't something strange with the PMDG add-on, can you try with another 4 engined aircraft, preferably a default if one exists.

Checked and indeed, no probs with default a/c.

So after loading the PMDG B744 I re-assigned both axisses to THR1 and THR2 and got it working, wonderful!

Next remaining problem is to get reverse thrust 1->1,2 and 2->3,4 as this needs to be configured using buttons + switches wihtout any mapping option. 

Thanks for your help so far, again excellent service!

Best regards

2 hours ago, Retard said:

Next remaining problem is to get reverse thrust 1->1,2 and 2->3,4 as this needs to be configured using buttons + switches wihtout any mapping option. 

You can do that only by have two assignments to the same button, which is accomplished by assigning the first, then editing the INI fie and adding the second.

For details you'll need to refer to the Advanced User's guide, but if you have difficulties, do post again.

Pete