The simFlight Network Forums

MP all in one

JoeControl

Can someone please post what specifically is required to connect T3D for multiplayer?

I purchased it for my brother and we have been trying for the last 2 hours to connect 2 computers.

I am going thru a Linksys EA7500 router. I have Port Forwarding set to 21112 (have tried 22222). I am assuming my 192.xxx.xxx.xxx goes in for the IP.

I am running Anti-Virus but have tried with that disabled as well.

What am I or he missing or not doing right?

Thanks and sorry for the hassle.

Are the two PCs on the same network/subnet? If not, I would assume you need to use the public IP (the 192.168s are private IPs). Port forwarding is a pain -- here are a few links that may (or may not help):

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=136711

https://portforward.com/linksys/ (BTW, this is an excellent site for issues)

One more question -- can you successfully ping the other PC?

And the pricing for Tower 3D Pro is $49.95, so how did you pay $150 for 2 copies? Just curious....

SK

Thanks Sky King, we have tried the public and private IP's.

I am 99% sure I have the ports open (21112) assuming I am using the right one, I have seen 3 different ones here.

I will try to ping his IP, good point.

As for the cost, I bought the bundle thru Steam with JFK, ATL and LAX included. As got RealColor and Real Trafic for Philly total of around $80 each to ensure the games were as compatible as possible.

23 hours ago, JoeControl said:

Thanks Sky King, we have tried the public and private IP's.

I am 99% sure I have the ports open (21112) assuming I am using the right one, I have seen 3 different ones here.

I will try to ping his IP, good point.

As for the cost, I bought the bundle thru Steam with JFK, ATL and LAX included. As got RealColor and Real Trafic for Philly total of around $80 each to ensure the games were as compatible as possible.

If you can ping his IP, then it is a Tower problem. If not, the problem is on your network. Thanks for the cost info.

Regards,

P.