The simFlight Network Forums

Peter what's this please

Peter

When I bought FSUIPC I unzipped it to my c:\temp folder and moved the fsuipc.dll as normal to my FS9 folder on d:\fs2004. Each time I run FS2004 I get a fsuipc.txt file in the c:\temp, each time I delete it, it comes back. The contents are the following

PGAUGESLINKAGE: 0x010e6550

ModuleInit: 0x010ca6d0

ModuleDeinit: 0x010ca3c0

There is nothing usaully in the c:\temp, I only use it for unzipping after I have downloaded a file to it. It does not bother me that it's there, but just interested in why it goes there in the first place as the folder does not have anything to do with FS2004 or it's path.

Thanks

Anthony..

Despite it's being called FSUIPC.txt, it is not emanating from my module. Something else is doing that. I've never had anything in any of my modules which produces anything with such contents.

It looks like you have some other module or gauge running which is, for some reason of its own, is creating this file, which looks like it simply contains linkage data. Maybe some other programmer was trying to sort some problem out and logs these details when it sees FSUIPC, then forgot to remove it when he published it? Or are you running any Beta or test version of anything for someone?

Regards,

Pete

Despite it's being called FSUIPC.txt, it is not emanating from my module. Something else is doing that. I've never had anything in any of my modules which produces anything with such contents.

It looks like you have some other module or gauge running which is, for some reason of its own, is creating this file, which looks like it simply contains linkage data. Maybe some other programmer was trying to sort some problem out and logs these details when it sees FSUIPC, then forgot to remove it when he published it? Or are you running any Beta or test version of anything for someone?

Regards,

Pete

No not testing anything out that uses FSUIPC, I have only been testing out some scenery for a couple of firms. Bit worrying this, I must have a good look around, although come to think of it I did a test on WC2 and FlightKeeper, will have to ask them. Just seemed a bit odd why it was going to there, I suppose that is the way they have set it up on their machines.

Thanks anyway, if I find out I will let you know just for interest.

Anthony

Thanks anyway, if I find out I will let you know just for interest.

Yes please.

Regards,

Pete

Pete

I have found out that it is FSnav 4.60, I renamed the dll and it did not happen, of course i have had to rename it back again.

FSnav.dll

file ver 4.6.0.0

created 24/08/03

size 1,552,384

I seem to remember that when they released it first there was a problem that I can't remember what it was, so they released a quick fix. Perhaps it's that and I should download it again, anyway that's what's causing it.

Perhaps anyone else reading this could check their file size of the above and let me know if there is a difference in what they have.

Anthony......

I have found out that it is FSnav 4.60, I renamed the dll and it did not happen, of course i have had to rename it back again.

Ah .. I have that installed on one of my PCs. I'll go look, se if I have an "FSUIPC.TXT" in my Temp folder too. Thanks!

Pete

Pete

This evening I will download the full Fsnav again and install. I am sure perhaps it was that fix, I wish I could remember what it did. Will get back later tonight/tomorrow.

Anthony..........

This evening I will download the full Fsnav again and install. I am sure perhaps it was that fix, I wish I could remember what it did. Will get back later tonight/tomorrow.

Well, I'm running FSNav 4.6 in FS2004 and I've just searched my whole drive for an "FSUIPC.txt" file, without success. Mind you, I don't use FSNav very much, I must admit.

If it isn't doing any harm I wouldn't go to great lengths to eliminate it, it is more a matter of curiousity than anything.

Regards,

Pete

If it isn't doing any harm I wouldn't go to great lengths to eliminate it, it is more a matter of curiousity than anything.

Regards,

Pete

Pete

Just to finish this curiousity of mine off, I downloaded the FSNav again, the file creation doesn't happen now. Must have been the dll fix they released as I said above. I must of forgot to download the full package after the fix was made.

Anyway now I can sleep and stop pacing around :D

Anthony.

Just to finish this curiousity of mine off, I downloaded the FSNav again, the file creation doesn't happen now. Must have been the dll fix they released as I said above. I must of forgot to download the full package after the fix was made.

Thanks. That explains why I don't see it.

Regards,

Pete