The simFlight Network Forums

DLL Request

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has played around with creating a .DLL file that connects to FSUIPC for inputs and outputs. Trying to build a home cockpit based on PMDG737NGX and connection through Labview for hardware switches and annunciators. I can get the switches to work via a Virtual joystick, but its a bit messy, looking to cut out the "middle man" and go direct from Labview to FSUIPC. Unfortunately I'm not very experienced with programming in any language, but i have managed to call functions within a .DLL through Labview. Any help or points in right direction, greatly appreciated.

MOVED TO THE SUPPORT FORUM FOR ATTENTION!
Please always post questions and support requests to the support forum, otherwise it may not be answered.

5 hours ago, AU Sniper said:

Just wondering if anyone has played around with creating a .DLL file that connects to FSUIPC for inputs and outputs.

GAUgue files written in C/c++ rather than XML are just DLLs which are loaded with the aircraft rather than at the start of a session. And many such in add-on aircraft used to use FSUIPC for access to assorted internal sim variables in FS9 days and before.  There are still some add-on DLL and GAUges which do, but not many these days with SimConnect being the more direct route which also does not require another 3rd party addition.

But nowadays, when 99% of everything FSUIPC offers actualy being accomplished through Simconnect in any case, any new such add-in would really be better off going direct to SimConnect.

However, the FSUIPC SDK does still contain a section for module Users of the its interface.

For many users a much easier solution is simply to use Lua plug-ins, which also run internally -- if running internally is the important thing.

Unfortunately I'm not very experienced with programming in any language

In that case it definitely isn't a good idea to try implementing a module for either FSUIPC or SimConnect. Best look at Lua, which is intended to be an easy-to-use scripting lanaguage, a sort of one-up over a CFG or INI parameter file.

i have managed to call functions within a .DLL through Labview

But LabView is presumably running as a separate process, so the DLL calls you make also operate in that process. Calling things in a separate process is an entirely different kettle of fish.

Pete