The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 Vs FSUIPC5

I currently have FSX boxed and P3D V3.4 on a single desktop.  I mainly fly with P3D V3 but will go shared cockpit every now and again in FSX and this runs very well with your paid simmarket FSUIPC4.  I have no gripes with this, just praise.  I switch on, choose a platform and fly...

Imminently I am upgrading to P3D V4 and understand that with this, I will require FSUIPC5....(I have no problem paying for this as it is an upgrade)... however, I would still like to be able to share a cockpit in FSX periodically whilst mainly fly LM.  Having a single desktop, do the two platforms now require both FSUIPS's?  or can 5 run both???  or am I now restricted to a single platform?

Many thanks in advance

7 hours ago, Dan Coops said:

Having a single desktop, do the two platforms now require both FSUIPS's?  or can 5 run both???

FSUIPC4 runs in the P3D3 process, FSUIPC5 in the P3D4 process. They don't talk to each other, the same as two FSUIPC4's don't talk to each other. Each stays in its own process. The main reason you must have FSUIPC5 in P3D4 is that it must be 64-bit. 64-bit DLL's do not run in a 32-bit process, nor vice versa.

Sgared cockpit is irrelevant to FSUIPC. If P3D3 and P3D4 work together in a shared cockpit, then just leave the P3D3 setup with FSUIPC4 and the P3D4 setup with FSUIPC5.

Pete