The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG elevator trim value in Tittle bar

Hi,

I tried to use the logging feature of FSUIPC5 to show the elevator trim value (i.e. the same one that is shown when you move the trim wheel) without success.

Any clue/advise would be really appreciate.

I am using Prepar3D v4.1.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Jose

6 minutes ago, Jose Vela said:

I tried to use the logging feature of FSUIPC5 to show the elevator trim value (i.e. the same one that is shown when you move the trim wheel) without success.

Any clue/advise would be really appreciate.

What are you actually doing? Did you look up the offset for the elevator trim control input (because that is what the wheel controls).  What are you seeing?

The FSUIPC monitoring will show the value in the documented units: there's no conversion. In fact the usual markings on real trim gauges are in some scaled units fairly specific to the aircraft, really only reflecting the sort of markings they can make in the hardware.

Here are the entries in the FSUIPC Offsets list (a document you'll find in your FSUIPC Documents subfolder):

0BC0 2 Elevator trim control input: –16383 to +1 6383 Ok-SimC Ok-SimC
0BC2 2 Elevator trim indicator (follows input) Ok-SimC N

So, as you see, both are 2-byte values (sign 16-bit, or "S16"), with values -16383 to +16383.

Pete

Hi Pete, thanks for your fast answer.

I see a number (now I am flying and a see 784 in both offsets) but I'd like to see the the 4,8 (more or less) that appears in the gauge.

So there is no way to do a conversion within the logging facility and also there is no NGX specific offset to show it?

And if the answer is no and no, any suggestion to show it?

Thanks!

Jose

49 minutes ago, Jose Vela said:

I see a number (now I am flying and a see 784 in both offsets) but I'd like to see the the 4,8 (more or less) that appears in the gauge.

That is probably equiva;ent to a real value near 0. But there's no easy or consistent way of deriving the indicator number from the actual trim percentage of proportion (16383 = 100%, up or down).

The only way would be for you to make a little table equating one to the other, byt operating the trim and noting the equivalents. But note that it will be different from aiircraft to aircraft (though usually similar for related aircraft, like all Boeing 7x7 types).

If you want a display showing the same number as on the indicator you'd need to make a little Lua plug-in script which used such a table, or possibly a formula you might derive (like add so much, multiply by some factor).

54 minutes ago, Jose Vela said:

there is no NGX specific offset to show it?

I don't know. You'd need to look through the details for the NGX. There's an offset list for that aircraft in your FSUIPC Documents folder.

Pete