The simFlight Network Forums

P3Dv4 CTD caused by FSUIPC5.dll

Hi,

I've got a crash to desktop. Below you will find the event viewer report .

I'm running Prepar3D v4.1.7 and FSUIPC5 5.122a.

Any advice to avoid more of this?

Thanks,

Jose

---------------------------

Nombre de la aplicación con errores: Prepar3D.exe, versión: 4.1.7.22841, marca de tiempo: 0x59d67e95
Nombre del módulo con errores: FSUIPC5.dll, versión: 5.1.2.201, marca de tiempo: 0x5a19470e
Código de excepción: 0xc0000005
Desplazamiento de errores: 0x0000000000046423
Identificador del proceso con errores: 0x250c
Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01d3913987749a4a
Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules\FSUIPC5.dll
Identificador del informe: abf2714a-abc6-48d7-915c-ebcd3db87be9
Nombre completo del paquete con errores: 
Identificador de aplicación relativa del paquete con errores: 

1 hour ago, Jose Vela said:

I've got a crash to desktop. Below you will find the event viewer report .

I'm running Prepar3D v4.1.7 and FSUIPC5 5.122a.

I need more information, please: FSUIPC Install log and FSUIPC5.LOG, both from the P3D Modules folder, plus a list of Add-Ons being used other that FSUIPC5 (don't forget FSUIPC is merely an interface for other programs and assignments).

It would also be good to see a description of what led to the crash. Were you flying for hours beforehand? Did it occur during load of P3D or soon after? Please put yourself in my position who sees no such reports from others. I need to know what is unique, different, in your case.

From the crash address it looks like something in a Lua plug-in, so information on what plug-ins you are using would help.

Pete

Hi Pete, thanks for your fast answer.

Sorry for giving you that little information. I thought that event viewr codes would be enough.

The addons I am using are: Envtex, GSX, ORBX (global, vector, and some airports), Active Sky por P3Dv4, ASCA, Sky Force 3D, HIDMacros, MobiFlight, SODE, OC4BAv4,, SIOC Spad.neXt, VAInterface, VFXCentral (737 immersion and precipitFX), PMDG 737NGX and several scenarios (only P3Dv4 compatible)

I did a one hour flight and it crashed when I was at the gate preparing the plane for another flight.

The only LUA plug-in I'm using is "trimNGXtimer.lua" to use my Sitek wheel trimmer with PMDG 737NGX.

Sorry again and please do not hesitate to ask me further information or doing the tests you would need.

Best regards,

Jose

FSUIPC5.ini

FSUIPC5.log

FSUIPC5 Install.log

trimNGXtimer.lua

The addons I am using are: Envtex, GSX, ORBX (global, vector, and some airports), Active Sky por P3Dv4, ASCA, Sky Force 3D, HIDMacros, MobiFlight, SODE, OC4BAv4,, SIOC Spad.neXt, VAInterface, VFXCentral (737 immersion and precipitFX), PMDG 737NGX and several scenarios (only P3Dv4 compatible)

You also appear to be running LINDA, though you don't list it. As I said, the crash appears to be in some Lua plug-in, and LINDA uses plenty, and it even starts itself with a large Lua -- even though you say "The only LUA plug-in I'm using is "trimNGXtimer.lua" to use my Sitek wheel trimmer with PMDG 737NGX". The Log shows LINDA being loaded early on

Also the log shows one (or more) of your USB connected joystick devices is contunally disconnecting and reconnecting. don't you notice any hesitations or stutters, because when that happens FSUIPC by default automatically rescans and reconnects all devices! That's pretty worrying. I'd check all your devices (you seem to have plenty).

If you are not actually using LINDA for anything, stop it running. If you are then make sure it is fully up to date. LINDA loads itself via the ipcReady lua file.

Maybe, if you discover it is a problem with LINDA you could report with a title indicating this, because then Scott, who supports LINDA, will help sort it.

Pete

I am not using LINDA.

I have LINDA installed because I thought I had in order to use "trimNGXtimer.lua".

If this is not true I will uninstall it. If this is the case, do I only need to remove the folders "linda" and "linda-cfg", the program "LINDA.exe" and the files "linda.lua", "linda2.log" and "ipcReady.lua"?

Regarding the devices disconnnecting and reconnecting, could be possible to be more specific because you are right when you say that I have got plenty: yoke + 2 quadrants + rudder pedals + wheel trimmer from saitek, four Leo Bodnar boards, two Arduino Mega boards, a GoFlight WP6 and a MCP and a EFIS from Opencockpits. As you can see, plenty. I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,

Jose

11 hours ago, Jose Vela said:

I have LINDA installed because I thought I had in order to use "trimNGXtimer.lua".

I don't know that plug-in, but I very much doubt that it needs LINDA. As far as I know LINDA is a way of assisting in interfacing hardware, not driving specific aircraft. But do double-check.

If this is not true I will uninstall it. If this is the case, do I only need to remove the folders "linda" and "linda-cfg", the program "LINDA.exe" and the files "linda.lua", "linda2.log" and "ipcReady.lua"?

To stop it running, just as a test, all you need to do is rename ipcReady.lua. Then if you do find you need it it will be easy to re-enable.

Regarding the devices disconnnecting and reconnecting, could be possible to be more specific because you are right when you say that I have got plenty: yoke + 2 quadrants + rudder pedals + wheel trimmer from saitek, four Leo Bodnar boards, two Arduino Mega boards, a GoFlight WP6 and a MCP and a EFIS from Opencockpits. As you can see, plenty. I would really appreciate any help.

First, with so many devices you really should be using Joy Letters, not relying on the ID which Windows assigns which can change and ruin your assignments. Please see the chapter in the User Guide about this.

Second, I can't tell from the log. Of the 8 devices recognised by FSUIPC, one or more are reconnecting, but FSUIPC only sees the re-connection, not the disconnection, and then does a complete re-scan to make sure its list is correct. (I will look to see if I can make it log which device reconnects).

So, whilst I can't tell you from the FSUIPC log, you could find out with my HidScanner program, which logs all the details of all HID devices (not just joystick types), and then goes quiet until one connects again -- when it logs just that one. So yuo will see, but of course only if it happens outside P3D.

Get HIDscanner from the Useful Additional Programs thread in the Download Links subforum.

Pete

Thanks again for your fast response.

I can confirm you that LINDA is not required by the only LUA script I use so I removed it.

I have also activated the "Joy Letter" functionality in the FSUIPC5.ini file. Thanks for the tip.

Regarding HidScanner, I have downloaded and it is running right now. I will start Prepar3D v4 and see what happens in the log. Thanks for the advice.

Best regards and, again, thanks for your support.

Regarding HidScanner, I have downloaded and it is running right now. I will start Prepar3D v4 and see what happens in the log. Thanks for the advice.

I've just checked, and in the version of FSUIPC you have you can enable extra logging which will identify devices disconnecting and/or  re-connecting.  You can enable it by adding:

Debug=Please
LogExtras=x200

Then the log sequence you'll see before the re-scanning entries will be (for example):

548608 ***** A device has been attached!
   548608 Device at "\\?\HID#VID_16C0&PID_05BA#7&2620a131&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}"
   548608 HID: Vendor=16C0, Product=05BA (Version 1.37)
   548608 Manufacturer= Leo Bodnar
   548608 Product= BU0836A Interface
   548608 Serial Number= B59115
   548608 ***** HID USB device reconnected: re-initialising FSUIPC connections
   548608 ---------------------- Joystick Device Scan -----------------------

I think I'll add some of that without needing an extra option enabling.

Pete

Thanks Pete but HidScanner did the job.

What you see below happened eleven times.

I'm not 100x100 sure but it looks like a USB hub, right? Well, I will check connections of all of them.

Thanks again for your help.

Jose

-------------

13325844: Device change detected ...
  ***** This device has been removed:
  Device at "\\?\HID#VID_2101&PID_8501#8&29341c5f&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}"
 13325906: Device change detected ...
  A device has been attached!

Device at "\\?\HID#VID_2101&PID_8501#8&29341c5f&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}"
  Vendor=2101, Product=8501 (Version 6.5)
  Manufacturer= Action Star
  Product= USB HID
  Serial Number= USB HID
  Usage Page: FF01
  Input Report Byte Length: 8
  Output Report Byte Length: 8
  Feature Report Byte Length: 0
  Number of Link Collection Nodes: 1
  Number of Input Button Caps: 0
  Number of InputValue Caps: 1
  Number of InputData Indices: 7
  Number of Output Button Caps: 0
  Number of Output Value Caps: 1
  Number of Output Data Indices: 7
  Number of Feature Button Caps: 0
  Number of Feature Value Caps: 0
  Number of Feature Data Indices: 0
  Value 0x10 at index 0, range 0 -> 255, using 8 bits
  Value 0x11 at index 0, range 0 -> 255, using 8 bits
  Value 0x12 at index 0, range 0 -> 255, using 8 bits
  Value 0x13 at index 0, range 0 -> 255, using 8 bits
  Value 0x14 at index 0, range 0 -> 255, using 8 bits
  Value 0x15 at index 0, range 0 -> 255, using 8 bits
  Value 0x16 at index 0, range 0 -> 255, using 8 bits

17 hours ago, Jose Vela said:

Vendor=2101, Product=8501 (Version 6.5)
  Manufacturer= Action Star
  Product= USB HID
  Serial Number= USB HID

Well "HID" stands for "Human Interface Device", but I've no idea otherwise. Action Star do make hubs, but also some other USB things like USB-VGA connectors for screens.

If it is a hub with nothing connected other USB devices connected to a hub would show up as disconnecting and reconnecting too I think), then just try disabling it in the Windows Device Manager. If you are using it for anything then you should soon find out what, otherwise it should stop the reconnections.

Alternatively, if it isn't affecting anything you are using then you can tell FSUIPC not to re-scan devices on connection. Just change Yes to No on this [General] parameter:

AutoScanDevices=Yes

Then, if you want a newly-connected device to be recognised by FSUIPC you'd have to go into the Axis or Button assignments tabs in FSUIPC Options.

Pete