The simFlight Network Forums

Tracon 2012 se GA airport traffic

wsuch

Hi

I have a question about GA traffic from smaller airports eg at ksan,  the commercial traffic out of ksan follows a sid and is handed off to center at 13000 feet,  because the GA traffic i have encountered departing the smaller airports dont have a sid i provide them a situable departure vector and give them a climb to 13000, then have them resume own navigation, keep them seperated from other traffic until hand off to centre at 13000 feet,  does that sound right, i assume they are all ifr flights so will be handed to centre passing the appropriate centre hand off altitude

Thanks

Wayne

The GA traffic don't follow a departure route for some reason, they should.... so unless you instruct them otherwise the will climb runway heading, they are basically vfr you just have to keep them out of the way of the jets. You don't have to climb them to 13000, as long as you hand them off before they reach the boundry you'll still get points