The simFlight Network Forums

Lost some functions 5.123e

Odd happenings. P3Dv4.2. FSUIPC 5.123e

Odd thing 1: I have two buttons assigned in FSUIPC to 'Elevator trim down' and 'Elevator trim up' These worked flawlessly until 4.2. 'Elevator trim down' still works but 'Up' refuses to play.

Odd thing 2: I have a profile for helicopters and the cyclic (throttle axis) goes up when it should go down. Reverse the axis then! I've tried many many times even resorting to P3D controller settings!

If this is a P3D issue I'll get me coat, but could it be a hiccup in what I have come to take for granted...FSUIPC?

A clue as to where I'm going wrong, IF I'm going wrong would be nice. I'm running out of helicopters.

It's the Milviz MD530 by the way. Could Milviz have cocked something up in their update? Nah, not possible. :-)

EDIT: Did some testing and P3D doesn't appear to be the culprit...this time.

34 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Odd thing 1: I have two buttons assigned in FSUIPC to 'Elevator trim down' and 'Elevator trim up' These worked flawlessly until 4.2. 'Elevator trim down' still works but 'Up' refuses to play.

And does it work when you use P3D instead?

This sounds like yet another matter to report to L-M, as the controls are the same. FSUIPC doesn't care what they are and doesn't treat any differently from any other.

There seem to be quite a few little oddities with P3D4.2 -- take a look at the L-M support forum.

34 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Odd thing 2: I have a profile for helicopters and the cyclic (throttle axis) goes up when it should go down. Reverse the axis then! I've tried many many times even resorting to P3D controller settings!

Again, if you've not changed things in FSUIPC, it can't tell the difference.

But in both cases, try P3D assignment just to be sure. by all means come back if that's okay and FSUIPC is not, but then we'd need to do some proper logging.

Else, try just going back to 4.1 without changing the FSUIPC version. You'd only need to install the Client.

Oh, one other thought. A lot of the problems folks have had with 4.2 seem to come down to only updating the Client. I think with this release you really do need to install the Content package too.

Pete

If the controls don't work, please show me your FSUIPC5.INI file (from the Modules folder).

For the axis you said

17 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

I have a profile for helicopters and the cyclic (throttle axis) goes up when it should go down. Reverse the axis then!

Does that mean the axis is still unreversed when you select the REV option in calibration? Don't forget you need to re-calibrate afterwards. Best to Reset then Set again.

6 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

I have tried the reverse axis in P3D and it works.

That seems to conflict with what you said before, i.e.

"I've tried many many times even resorting to P3D controller settings!"

Oh, the P3D Forum (and the Beta Testers Forum there) both confirm a similar problem in 4.2 to your trim one, but with rudder -- the left rudder control operates but not the right. This has been confirmed by a well-known developer, and tested with no add-ons installed

I'm afraid i'm retiring now, so I'll check back in the morning.

Pete

9 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Attached .ini

Okay. For the Helicopter profile you have these axis assignments:

[Axes.Helicopters]
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=0X,256,F,65763,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: AXIS_AILERONS_SET }-
1=0Y,256,F,65762,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: AXIS_ELEVATOR_SET }-
2=3Z,1,F,65697,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: THROTTLE_SET }-
3=3R,256,F,66291,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: AXIS_PROPELLER_SET }-
4=5X,256,F,66387,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: AXIS_LEFT_BRAKE_SET }-
5=5Y,256,F,66388,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: AXIS_RIGHT_BRAKE_SET }-
6=5R,256,F,65764,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: AXIS_RUDDER_SET }-

The "THROTTLE_SET" control is the old FS98 generic single endine one, which I'm pretty sure assumes a simple throttle without reverse.  Try assigning to AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET and calibrate that.

I also note that although you have 7 axes assigned there, you have calibrated none of them. Oddly there are calibration entries for the Elevator Trim and the Flaps, neither of which are assigned!

I've not checked any other entries, but they probably need looking at.

9 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

trim settings. P3D couldn't differntiate between the hatswitch buttons. They were all 1.

So Hat switches are broken in 4.2 as well? You need to report that to L-M for sure. To test, then, you need to try other button or keyboard assignments, or simply use the keyboard numeric keys 1 and 7 which 

Your FSUIPC Hat trim Up/Down button assignments are fine. FSUIPC can do no more than send the assigned controls to P3D and expect it to obey them.

[LATER]
Just tested here on 4.2. The default assignments work (numpad 1 and 7), as do the same controls assigned in FSUIPC.  So I certainly think you need to test with other button assignments and if they work, blame your Hat switch. And, as always, test with a default aircraft in case your add-on has a problem with 4.2.

Pete

Bit of a mess then? I do have a lot of controllers but some aren't used except for some buttons.

Throttle1_set, sounds promising.

And..After a lot of assigning and clearing both elevator trims are working! Go figure.

The hatswitch is on the brand new Warthog Got it last Friday. All the hatswitch positions register in the calibration.

I'm going back in. Thanks for your help Pete.

Ron

EDIT: Yay! THROTTLE1_SET is the way to go (I'll remember that one)