The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 5.123 full Installer

Hi

Since FSUIPC 5.124 i have some micro stutter, before with 5.123e it was very smooth.

I only have the 5.123e DLL file, but not the 5.123 full installer..cloud someone send me that? Or can i simply copy the 5.123e DLL into the Modules folder and replace the 5.124DLL?

Regards Thomas

2 hours ago, Chamsin91 said:

Since FSUIPC 5.124 i have some micro stutter, before with 5.123e it was very smooth.

5.124 should actually be smoother than 5.123e as, by default, it uses the PDK ("direct") route into P3D4 for some things, rather than SimConnect, which is used by a really large number of add-ons and can get overwhelmed.

But you can try setting

UsePDK=No

in the [General] section of your FSUIPC5.INI file. Then it is identical to 5.123e.

But I suspect you really have something else going on.

Pete

32 minutes ago, Chamsin91 said:

Im back on 5.122a it works smooth with this one. 

I thought you said 5.123e was "smooth"?

By simply retreating you aren't helping diagnose the problem you are getting, as I'd like to know why so it could be fixed. Also you don't get support for old versions.

Pete

Yes on 5.123e was smooth too! But i dont have the Full installer of 5.123, only the 5.123DLL.

I know there is no support for older versions, but with 5.124 i cant fly, due of this stutters.

Let my try to delete the p3d.cfg and create a new one, maybe it helps.

Thomas

33 minutes ago, Chamsin91 said:

I know there is no support for older versions, but with 5.124 i cant fly, due of this stutters.

I wanted to know if setting UsePDK=No helped, as that is then making 5.124 the same as 5.123e. Knowing this would help making future versions better, that is why i asked.

In order to use different versions, replacing the DLL (saving the previous one) is fine. That's all there is. You don't need a full installer for that unless you've lost your documentation, because that's the only other thing it installs.

Pete

42 minutes ago, Chamsin91 said:

After i have recreated the P3D.cfg and installed FSUIPC 5.124 again, the stuttering are gone...

So, it seems it was something in the P3D.cfg after all, as reinstalling FSUIPC only replaces the DLL which won't have changed.

Glad it is resolved.

Pete