The simFlight Network Forums

Vrinsight and fsuipc 5 MOVED FROM FAQ SUBFORUM!

11 hours ago, Mallinoi said:

Are there any changes in the fsuipc5?

Please ALWAYS post support questions here, in the Support Forum, not in one of the reference subforums!

And the answer is no, the treatment is the same. Is your VRi device on the same serial port number? Did you edit the FSUIPC5.INI (or, better, copy over your FSUIPC4 one and rename it, to make sure it's the same).

Pete

Hello Pete, sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

I renamed my old fsuipc4.ini and copied it as fsuipc5.ini. But my VRI MCP2A doesn't work. The com port is still 4. It didn't change.

I am using VSPE (paired com 6 and com 7) and in die FSUIPC5.INI I have this entry.

[VRInsight]
1=COM4, COM6

I have no idea....

18 minutes ago, Mallinoi said:

I renamed my old fsuipc4.ini and copied it as fsuipc5.ini. But my VRI MCP2A doesn't work. The com port is still 4. It didn't change.

I am using VSPE (paired com 6 and com 7) and in die FSUIPC5.INI I have this entry.

[VRInsight]
1=COM4, COM6

Is this is all on the same PC (for FSUIPC4 and 5), and have there been no other changes, things unplugged and re-plugged in?

Is SerialFP2 being run after FSUIPC has loaded, e.g. via the [Programs] section of the INI file?  If run without FSUIPC5 Does  it confirm the MCP is on COM4?

(Or is SerialFP2 replaced these days? it is many years since I used normal VRi devices -- I have a butchered display+button VRi device, the Jet Pit I think, in my cockpit, and that is working fine with FSUIPC5 and P3D4. For that I only have "1=COM5", no VSPE because I don't use SerialFP2 or its replacement).

Some logging might help see what is going on. Add these lines to the [General] section of the FSUIPC5.INI file:

Debug=Please
LogExtras=68

Then try again, but not for too long. Please then show me the Log (ZIP and attach it if it is very big).

Pete