The simFlight Network Forums

Mods for the ERJ v2

Bjoern2

Hi,

I'm a new owner of the ERJ v2 and I've made some mods for it (FSX; some are FS9 compatible).

• Speed chart from the manual instead of the Pensacola approach chart
  • Bezels for the pop-up displays
  • Night lighting (removed splashes, added .fx based flood lights)
  • Aircraft manager (XML pop-up gauge for managing payload, fuel and doors; plays well with the FMS; FSX only)
  • Slightly improved eyepoints and camera views (cameras FSX only)
  • Fix for the annoying fuel pump sound (FSX only)
  • Instructions how to set up shared textures (greatly decreases disk space usage; FSX only)
  • Instructions to get the Steam release up to spec (FSXSE only)
  • Pointers to other useful mods

The only original files that were touched are some textures (chart and night lighting).

And the readme contains two big red disclaimers that Feelthere must not be bugged about support for modded installs.

Is it okay if I post them here?

2 hours ago, scoobflight said:

hummmm ... no pics?

saw them over on AVSIM - looked good!

Oh. let me see if I can fix this.

- Edit: That should do it.

20 minutes ago, Shom said:

Talking about the ERJ v2... any news on ERJ for P3D v4? Is it planned?

As curious as I am about an update myself, can this please not be discussed in this thread?

On 3/6/2018 at 8:08 PM, Bjoern2 said:

Oh. let me see if I can fix this.

- Edit: That should do it.

As curious as I am about an update myself, can this please not be discussed in this thread?

Sorry back on topic, great work Bjoern! Do you think this will work with a future P3D v4 update as well?

There was a Mod created for the E-jets FS9/FSX version which works perfectly in P3D v4.

Vic/Feelthere:

I have modified the interior models for all three ERJ variants to move the cockpit and cabin by a few feet to match the exterior model (135: ~1.3 ft fwd, 145: ~3 ft aft), added the engine nacelles and animated fans from the exterior for a better view at the back of the cabin and added custom, animated rain effects to all windows (not provided by default in FSX).
This would only affect the "..._interior.mdl" files and nothing else.

Would that be a "modification too far", so to speak?

11 hours ago, Shom said:

Sorry back on topic, great work Bjoern! Do you think this will work with a future P3D v4 update as well?

I figure yes.

• 2 months later...

No P3Dv4 here. If something won't work for you in v4, you're entirely on your own.

Judging fom other reports of problems with effects, this seems to be a general P3Dv4 issue and therefor absolutely outside of my jurisdiction and control anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2018 at 5:52 PM, Bjoern2 said:

No P3Dv4 here. If something won't work for you in v4, you're entirely on your own.

Judging fom other reports of problems with effects, this seems to be a general P3Dv4 issue and therefor absolutely outside of my jurisdiction and control anyway.

Your fixes work for P3Dv4 but one need to change some of the .fx effects that are in use. I switched to the default "VClight.fx" för the overhead dome light. It's not perfect but it works.

The "worst" part is that the landing lights shine through the cockpit. This is most likely due to the fact that the plane was made a long time ago when modeling of the entire aircraft wasn't possible (from VC view). So the dynamic landing lights has no "wall" that stops them form shining through the cockpit.

On 5/22/2018 at 4:22 PM, admiralaspen said:

The "worst" part is that the landing lights shine through the cockpit. This is most likely due to the fact that the plane was made a long time ago when modeling of the entire aircraft wasn't possible (from VC view). So the dynamic landing lights has no "wall" that stops them form shining through the cockpit.

Yes, this seems to be a common and general problem. Best to disable dynamic lights.

On 5/22/2018 at 5:22 PM, admiralaspen said:

Your fixes work for P3Dv4 but one need to change some of the .fx effects that are in use. I switched to the default "VClight.fx" för the overhead dome light. It's not perfect but it works.

Thanks, can you explain how to change this? Where do I take the file from and place it where exactly?