The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC v5.122 This version was not found in this path

Good Day everyone!

I have install the P3D v4.2.21 and tried to install FSUIPC v5.122 but there is a problem to find the path of my P3D v4.2. I need a help guys. 

here is what appears in the FSUIPC log 

Installer for FSUIPC5.DLL version 5.123b

Looking in registry for Prepar3D v4 install path:
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
     Parameter"AppPath"
... >>>  OK! FOUND Prepar3D v4!  <<< ...
     AppPath=C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\
===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR Prepar3D v4:
AppPath="C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\"
Checking version of the Prepar3D v4 EXE:
This version was not found in this path!
User elected to Find the EXE for this version
Couldn't obtain Version Info! Asking user to find Prepar3D v4.EXE ...
User identified path:
   "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4"
Checking version of the Prepar3D v4 EXE:
This version was not found in this path!
User elected to Find the EXE for this version
Couldn't obtain Version Info! Asking user to find Prepar3D v4.EXE ...
User aborted attempt to find Prepar3D v4. Installation failed.

12 minutes ago, midostyle said:

I have install the P3D v4.2.21 and tried to install FSUIPC v5.122 but there is a problem to find the path of my P3D v4.2. I need a help guys. 

here is what appears in the FSUIPC log 

Installer for FSUIPC5.DLL version 5.123b

Actually, though you say 5.122, the installer is for 5.123b. That is also out of date.  The current and only supported installer is for 5.124. Please download the current version.

The log you show is not the "FSUIPC5.Log", but the Install log. It shows that the Registry says your P3D4 is installed here:

but the Prepar3D.exe file, the one you have to run, is not there!

FSUIPC's installer can correct the registry for you, but it appears you identified the same path:

where there's apparently no EXE to run P3D.

Have you renamed the EXE? Are you perhaps trying to use one of the migration programs which does things like that?

Do you have a shortcut on screen which you use to start P3D4? If so, and it works, use right-click Properties to see what path and EXE name that uses.

Pete

On 3/18/2018 at 3:39 PM, Pete Dowson said:

Actually, though you say 5.122, the installer is for 5.123b. That is also out of date.  The current and only supported installer is for 5.124. Please download the current version.

The log you show is not the "FSUIPC5.Log", but the Install log. It shows that the Registry says your P3D4 is installed here:

but the Prepar3D.exe file, the one you have to run, is not there!

FSUIPC's installer can correct the registry for you, but it appears you identified the same path:

where there's apparently no EXE to run P3D.

Have you renamed the EXE? Are you perhaps trying to use one of the migration programs which does things like that?

Do you have a shortcut on screen which you use to start P3D4? If so, and it works, use right-click Properties to see what path and EXE name that uses.

Pete

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I reinstall the P3D and installed the new FSUIPC  and it works fine. Just one more thing I have bought the FSUIPC4 long to time ago my question is should I buy the FSUIPC5 or I can use the same registration key for FSUIPC4?

3 minutes ago, midostyle said:

Just one more thing I have bought the FSUIPC4 long to time ago my question is should I buy the FSUIPC5 or I can use the same registration key for FSUIPC4?

FSUIPC5 is a separate product and needs a new purchased key. (The WideFS key is the same -- both use WideFS7).

Pete