The simFlight Network Forums

Integrating external switches to FSX Steam or Prepar3d using FSUIPC?

hi all

I want to integrate external switches and buttons to FSX Steam to control an FSLABS A320 add-on. Therefore I bought and installed FSUIPC4.x to assign key strokes to certain FSX controls.

Unfortunately the "Mouse Macro" feature seams not to work for the FSX steam edition (there is no "green pop-up confirmation" after recording the action).

Any idea what is wrong with my setup? 

Any ideas or guidance how to solve my challenge?

4 minutes ago, fifi said:

Unfortunately the "Mouse Macro" feature seams not to work for the FSX steam edition (there is no "green pop-up confirmation" after recording the action).

It does work, but it depends upon the add-on aircraft's gauges being written strictly to certain original Microsoft development guidelines for gauges. In fact even Microsoft diregarded those "rules" and in many of the default aircraft mouse macros cannot be used either.

On top of this, many recent add-on aircraft use gauges written in XML, which cannot be called directly either.

If the add-on doesn't not provide its own add-on "custom controls" (like the PMDG 737, 747, 777), and does not provide assignable keyboard shortcuts, then the only other remaining method maybe using local panel variables (L:Vars). There are various facilitieis provided to check this, including an assignable FSUIPC control to log then, and a Lua plug-in to display them in real time. Macros can be devised to write to these and they can be read and written in Lua plug-ins.

As a first step I would search for other user's solutions, both here and in the User Contributions subforum. Also check whether LINDA solves the problems for this aircraft.

Pete