The simFlight Network Forums

FSLabs 320 steering tiller

1 hour ago, bjoerntiemann said:

the steering tiller in FSLabs 320 reacts pretty sensetive and powerful. Is there any chance to adjust it in FSUIPC?

Steering tillers are meant to be pretty sensitive. with airlines like the A320 you should be able to almost turn a full circle in your own space. How would that ne possible with a limited turning angle / cuircle?

If you are calibrating it through FSUIPC then of course, using "slopes",  you can make it less sensitive in the central area, at the cost of greater sensitivity at the extremes -- after all the full steering range should be achievable. If you really don't want the full range then you have to calibrate then "fiddle" the values in the Settings (FSUIPC's INI file).

I'm sure FSLabs have designed their aircraft to be as realistic as possible. Perhaps its ground steering is something you need to get used to? What do other users say? I assume there's an appropriate support forum?

Pete

Peter,

I apologise for the highjacking....can you please elaborate? I have the same issue than reported and the fsiupc.ini reads

4=0V,256,F,66818,0,0,0 -{ TO SIM: STEERING_SET }-

Which values can I "fiddle" with?

Thanks and kind regards

Edmundo 

13 minutes ago, ega said:

I apologise for the highjacking....can you please elaborate? I have the same issue than reported and the fsiupc.ini reads

4=0V,256,F,66818,0,0,0 -{ TO SIM: STEERING_SET }-

That's only the assignment.

Have you calibrated it? Check in the [JoystickCalibration] section. If you have then there will be a SteeringTiller line in there. By default that might contain:

SteeringTiller=-16384,-512,512,16383

If you've not calibrated do that first!  You can't "fiddle" figures you've not yet set! And better than fiddling you should first try setting a different slope! The slope selection is part of the calibration.

If you've never actually used FSUIPC calibration, when (a) why not? and (b) follow the numbered steps in the Calibration chapter in the User Guide.

BTW if you then still aren't happy with the built-in STEERING SET control (I don't use that myself) you can try the FSUIPC one, in the "direct to FSUIPC" assignment mode. That automatically reduces steering sensitivity as you increase ground speed, in favour of rudder control. Nice for take-offs. The only drawback with some aircraft is that the nose wheel is often linked to the default control, not to the FSUIPC one, so it doesn't visibly turn -- the FSUIPC one uses the rudder. But if you never watch your plane from outside whilst taxiing that doesn't really matter.

Pete