The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with assingnment of a (Yoke) - button

Hi all,

i have a problem with an assignment to get the Autopilot OFF to work...

It worked already, but after a wrong install of an add-on (REX - WorldWide Airports HD for FSX & P3D (REX-145) 32bit instead of 64bit and again deinstalling it) it does`nt work anymore. The Yoke is from FBC, Flightsim P3Dv4

ProSim 2.0 and FSUIPC5. I can assign the button, it will be recognized as Button #6,  then i assign "autopilot off" say "okay" but nothing happens when i try to disconnect the A/P

FSUIPC5.ini

FSUIPC5.JoyScan.csv

maybe someone can help ?

Chris/Vienna

Edited by P906

1 hour ago, P906 said:

ProSim 2.0 and FSUIPC5. I can assign the button, it will be recognized as Button #6,  then i assign "autopilot off" say "okay" but nothing happens when i try to disconnect the A/P

If you assign the button, which is recognised, then when it is pressed FSUIPC will send that P3D4 control. But you say you are using ProSim, sodon't you need to assign in there?

ProSim has these AP controls:

Two for the Disengage bar on the MCP:

MCP AP Disengage Normal
MCP AP Disengage Disengage

Two for the A and B A/P buttons on the MCP:

MCP CMD A Pushed
MCP CMD B Pushed

And two for the AP Disconnect on the Yokes:

AP Disconnect Yoke Capt Pushed
AP Disconnect Yoke F/O Pushed

Shouldn't you be using one or more of those?

Pete

thx Pete,

so i should assign in ProSim and delete in FSUIPC ? because i did not assign Buttons and switches in ProSim...

Chris (will try that)

Edited by P906

8 minutes ago, P906 said:

so i should assign in ProSim and delete in FSUIPC ? because i did not assign Buttons and switches in ProSim...

I think it depends on the function.  The Sim's autopilot controls operate the Sim's autopilot, which isn't used by ProSim. When using ProSim it provides almost all of the 737 functions you need. For some (like radios) it "shares" the inbuilt sim function, but for advanced aircraft control facilities such as Autpilot and AutoThrottle, it provides its own. That's really the point -- ProSim is providing you with a much more realistic and accurate rendition of a 737 (or A320 if that's the version you are using).

The same would apply to other advanced aircraft add-ons, like those from PMDG.

I think you might need to read up more on Prosim and perhaps visit their Support Forum.

Pete

Hi Pete again,

I "cleared" all FSUIPC button assignments and assigned in ProSim, but no luck...

I tried all button "numbers" (also #6 what is FSUIPC recognizing) but no effect so far. What i don`t understand is, that this button worked now for "month" until i installed a wrong version of an Addon. My Home Sim is B737. Strange also is, that after some tries "on ground" (switching the A/P on and try to disengage) i pressed the TOGA button on my TQ (i don`t know why) and the A/P disengaged !

But maybe this is no hint....

I will ask in the ProSim forum.

Chris

1 hour ago, P906 said:

I "cleared" all FSUIPC button assignments and assigned in ProSim, but no luck...

You need ProSim support then. Sorry. 

1 hour ago, P906 said:

I tried all button "numbers" (also #6 what is FSUIPC recognizing) but no effect so far.

ProSim should just recognise whatever button you choose! You don't have to give numbers! Or at least you didn't use to, surely?

I use my own drivers for my 737 Cockpit, interfacing solely via FSUIPC offsets, so I don't really know about assigning joysticks in ProSim. Sorry.

Pete